Tequila is a wild man’s drink. It’s a rough drink, too. It goes down like fire, and it can lead to situations where your pants have mysteriously disappeared, and you suddenly find yourself wearing a huge sombrero. But why just drink the Mexican nectar straight up when you can add a little panache to your shots? Add some extra spice to your drinking with these four tequila shots that will take your night to another level, and remember: it’s all right to fear the worm.
Snake Bite. The snake bite is simple, but potent, not unlike the bite of a rattlesnake. It’s quick, it’s brutal, and it leaves you feeling woozy. This one is great way to enjoy your tequila if you don’t want to spend a lot of time prepping your shot. Pound it hard and fast!
- 1 shot of tequila
- One lime wedge
- Fill your shot glass with tequila; leave a little space at the top.
- Squeeze the lime wedge over your glass.
- Pound the shot.
- Suck the lime.
Fire and Torture. Who wouldn’t love a shot called Fire and Torture? Sounds like a pretty good Friday night, and a typical one for most S&M fans. This drink is essentially the Snake Bite on steroids, so beware before you enter this den. For anyone who likes a little extra heat, this is the perfect shot for your. The tequila is the torture, and the Tabasco is the fire.
- One shot of tequila
- Ten drops of Tabasco Sauce
- One lime wedge
- Pour yourself a shot of tequila.
- Drop the Tabasco on top of the shot.
- Float the juice of a lime wedge on the Tabasco.
- Slam the shot back.
Fuzzy Worm. We move on from the Mexico-inspired spicy shots to something a little sweeter. Tequila may not be the sweetest liquor in the world, but it mixes well with some fruity flavors. A warm type of liqueur like peach schnapps is the perfect compliment. For the ladies who don’t like the brutality of a hot shot, this drink is not unlike a miniature Tequila Sunrise, and this is the one for you!
- 1/2 shot of tequila
- 1/4 shot of peach schnapps
- A few drops of orange juice
- Fill a shot glass halfway with tequila.
- Add a quarter of a glass of peach schnapps.
- Float a few drops of orange juice on top.
- Guzzle the shot, and enjoy the warmth.
Chainsaw. The Chainsaw, as its name might indicate, is for mad men only. This shot is top-shelf, high-octane brutality in a one ounce glass. Be forewarned: all of the spiciest elements of the previous shots will be represented with the added presence of a few extra ingredients. One of these will bring your night to another level, and it may even bring you to the level above that. Enjoy…if you dare!
- 4 oz. chilled tequila
- 10 dashes of Tabasco Sauce
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- 1 Tsp. black pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced finely
- Combine all ingredients in a chilled cocktail mixer.
- Shake vigorously; give time for pepper to infuse the mixture.
- Pour into a chilled shot glass.
- Drink it hard and fast.