Ugh, Valentine’s Day, amiright? This Hallmark holiday has certainly left lots of guys struggling to impress, and lots of girls expecting way too much.
While I’m all for a day devoted to showing your significant other some love, I’m not so into spending a ton of money on gifts. After all, our wallets have barely recovered from the winter holidays.
That said, there are ways to show some appreciation for the lady in your life with a gift that won’t break the bank. Keep it simple with one of these thoughtful, $50-or-less tokens of your affection.
1. Arden Gold Bracelet in Iridescent Slate ($50, Kendra Scott): It’s nearly impossible to go wrong with jewelry, especially a piece as feminine and versatile as this.
2. Daisy Place Keepsake Box ($40, Kate Spade): A lil’ place for her to store the more expensive jewelry you get for her birthday. Use the $10 you’re sparing to fill it with her favorite candy.
3. Wine Pearls ($25, Sur la Table): Pearls are the epitome of class—even if they’re the kind that keep wine cool.
4. 12 Ways to Say I Love You Journal ($28, Uncommon Goods): The points you earn with this personalized gift will be well worth the time it takes to fill out all the pages.
5. Handmade Bath Salts ($32, Anthropologie): Pair with a nice candle and show her she deserves some pampering. Who knows? Maybe she’ll invite you to join her…