Every cowboy needs a whisky cocktail now and then. You don’t have to drink it straight anymore, even if the cowboys of yesterday would chastise you for mixing it. But forget about them; you’re covered with the following easy to follow recipes. These cocktails are designed for those with high expectations and a simple bar without too many expensive ingredients.
<img id="10601" src="http://media1.break.com/breakstudios/2012/2/5/whiskey cocktail lemon and mint.jpg" alt="whiskey cocktail lemon and mint.jpg” />
The name says it all. This sophisticated cowboy drink will get you so blasted, you won’t even be able to pronounce Harvey Wallbanger or whatever that guy’s name is. This is because you won’t be able to stop making these things!
- 1 oz. bourbon whisky
- 1 tsp. sugar syrup or granulated sugar
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. galliano
- Crushed ice
- Mint sprig (optional)
1. Mix the lemon juice and galliano.
2. Shake it up with crushed ice.
3. Add a sprig of mint as a garnish.
<img id="10602" src="http://media1.break.com/breakstudios/2012/2/5/whisky orange lemon.jpg" alt="whisky orange lemon.jpg” />
Here’s another addictive whisky cocktail that just might be mispronounced. The ingredients sound kind of girly, but try it. This is one hell of a cowboy drink that’ll get that whisky down nice and smooth on a hot summer day.
- 1.5 oz. banana liqueur
- 3 oz. whisky
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. orange juice
- Crushed ice
- Mix it all together.
- Shake it up.
- Strain the mixture.
Mafia Black Jack
If you’re a cowboy, you’re probably into simple living. Making the Mafia Black Jack is extremely simple, but that doesn’t mean it’s any less delicious.
- Jack Daniels
- Brew yourself some fresh coffee
- Add a shot of Jack Daniels
We told you it was simple!
You don’t need to have a bar full of fancy-schmancy ingredients to make this delicious cocktail. You might need a punch bowl or a large mixing bowl. The next time you throw a cowboy party, treat your guests right.
- 1 cup bourbon whisky
- 2 cans pink lemonade
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- Mix the whisky and lemonade.
- Add the cherries.
- Freeze the mixture the night before the bash.
- Let it thaw just a little while before it’s party time so that it’s a slushy goo.
- Throw the cocktail into a punch bowl, coffee can or whatever’s around.
The Earthquake is for those cowboys with a refined and sophisticated palate. The cocktail is named after what it will do to your world when you drink it. It’s very simple.
- 1 part gin
- 1 part whisky
- 1 part Pernod (or substitute absinthe for an added kick)
- Mix all three ingredients.
- Shake it up with crushed ice.
- Strain into a glass, a mug, a coffee can or whatever’s around.