You will need:
- 2 large chicken breasts = $3
- 2lbs ground beef = $5
- 1lb ham = $4.25
- 1 onion, 1 green pepper = $1.25
- 1 jar salsa = $2
- 1 can tomatoes, 1 can tomato sauce,1 can tomato soup = $2.50
- 1 can chili beans = $0.75
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce =$1.50
- 1 box instant rice = $1.50
- 3 small potatoes = $2
- 1 box of pasta = $1
- 1 loaf of bread = $1
- 3 – 8oz blocks of cheese (cheddar, Swiss and mozzarella) = $3.75
- 12 pack of tortillas = $0.50
Total grocery bill = $30.00
You’ll also need a can of beer and some seasonings, but even the most helpless bachelor should have that in
Quesadillas – The most complicated, but still pretty damn easy!
Cut chicken breasts into small strips and pan fry till golden brown. Set half of it aside and refrigerate.
- Dice up the rest of the meat up a little smaller and toss it with Mexican-style seasonings.
- Shred ½ of the cheddar and ¼ of the mozzarella over the seasoned chicken and mix it up good.
- Place enough of the mixture over over one tortilla to cover the entire surface, place another tortilla on top; like a sandwich.
- Use a table-top grill to press your tortilla “sandwiches” until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are golden and crispy.
- Pour ¼ of a jar of salsa into a small dish and place it on the center of a large plate. Cut quesadillas into triangles with a pizza cutter and arrange around the salsa dish.
- Follow box directions to make the rice, but add about ¼ cup of tomato sauce and some Mexican seasonings to turn it into an easy Spanish side dish. Ole!