Gentleman, it is spring, a time when our thoughts turn to love. And, for the refined fellow, not just love of women, but of whisky. The good news is, in six cities across the continent—New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Toronto—you can indulge that love at a little something called Whisky Live. What’s Whisky Live, you ask? Only the best place to expand your knowledge of the manliest of spirits, perhaps with a lovely lady at your side. Here’s why it’s worth signing up.
1. Learn the difference between a Scotch, a Whisky, a Bourbon and a Rye.
2. Appreciate how to order the right Scotch at the right time with insights from world-class experts like David Stewart, one of only 12 Malt Masters on the planet.
Be the first to taste the latest and best Whiskies and Scotches out there, including Sweden’s Mackmyra Whisky, making its U.S. debut in New York.
3. Sample Scotches you might never be exposed to elsewhere, in the company of the Master Distillers themselves. Think Glenmorangie Extremely Rare 18yr, people.
4. Learn how to make a proper highball with mixology experts at Cocktails Live, then move beyond the classics with lessons and recipes on the coolest Whisky Cocktails, straight from the finest brands in the world.
5. Show your girl that Scotch and Whisky are not ‘icky’ by consuming fine chocolate and Scotch pairings.
6. Be the first to taste the latest and best Whiskies and Scotches out there, including Mackmyra Whisky from Sweden, which makes its U.S. debut in New York.
7. Experience more than 240 Premium Whiskies and Scotches, plus master classes, gourmet dinners and live music. And walk away with a Whisky Live signature tasting glass and other cool schwag, of course.
Have we got your attention? See below for full schedule, plus details on New York’s Master Classes. It’s tonight! Get tickets and details now at whiskylive.com.
Whisky Live Schedule
New York, April 11
Chicago, June 16-17
Boston, September 22
Toronto, October 12
Los Angeles, October 17
San Francisco, TBA
New York Master Classes
Glenfiddich Master Class, $20
From Dufftown to Tuthilltown: Female Whisky Expert and Glenfiddich Ambassador Heather Greene and Hudson Distillery Whiskey Maker Gable Erenzo explore the similarities and differences between these spectacular whiskies AND how the sexes uniquely enjoy them. The two lively and popular speakers will guide guests into the serious depths of whisk(e)y production and finish with a lively discussion of men vs. women when it comes to whisky as an aphrodisiac and how each approaches the spirit.
Glenmorangie/Ardbeg Master Class, $20
“An expedition to the furthest extremes of the known Malt Universe—stellar expressions from Ardbeg and Glenmorangie,” presented by David Blackmore, Scotch Whisky Ambassador of the Year. Expressions to be tasted include Glenmorangie Original, Lasanta, Quinta Ruban, Nectar D’or, Extremely Rare 18yr, Ardbeg 10yr and Ardbeg Corryvreckan.
Glenlivet Master Class, $20
Michael McLaren will lead guests through a sampling journey that covers the core range of The Glenlivet, The Single Malt That Started It All. Participants will be educated on the brand’s unique history while going through an aroma exercise to help simplify the main flavor components of single malt.
Classic Malts Selection, $20
The Diageo Masters of Whisky will educate Scotch enthusiasts on a sampling of the Classic Malts Selection. Led by Gregor Cattanach, this multi-sensory seminar takes you through the history, production process, regionality and flavor profiles of this vast selection of Single Malt Scotches. You will leave with an increased confidence to order your new favorite Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
Glenmorangie Premium Class, $59 (limited seating)
“A VIP journey through Glenmorangie’s award winning Prestige Range and Private Edition,” presented by David Blackmore, Scotch Whisky Ambassador of the Year. Expressions include Glenmorangie Extremely Rare 18yr, Glenmorangie Signet, Glenmorangie Quarter Century 25yr, Glenmorangie Artein and more…