If you’re constantly flying at half-mast in the bedroom, you’re not alone. Penis problems are more common than you think. Nearly 30 million Americans suffer from erectile dysfunction. And no, not all of them are your grandfather’s age.
One in four men affected are under the age of 40. According to a study published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, nitric oxide is responsible for relaxing the smooth muscle so blood can fill the peen. After that initial release of NO, your body releases more chemicals that keep you hard and feeling good all night long. However, when your body can’t produce enough NO, medications like Viagra come in handy.
Fortunately, you don’t necessarily need a (rather expensive) little blue pill to get your sex life back on track; consuming more of the following vitamins in your diet might just do the trick.
1. Vitamin D: When researchers tested 143 men with varying levels of ED, they found that nearly half were deficient in vitamin D. Guess you need the D to use the D.
2. Ginkgo Biloba: If you’ve never heard of this boner booster, it’s time to get acquainted. The herb is often used for the treatment of circulatory disorders, so I’m sure you can guess why it could improve penis function.
3. Vitamin C: Taking vitamin C tablets or incorporating more foods with vitamin C into your diet may repair tissues throughout your body, including your penis tissue.
4. Ginseng: This delicious herb is oftentimes found in tea and can improve stamina and increase libido. So it’s about time you make the switch from coffee to tea.
5. Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid): This B vitamin improves heart health and blood flow, which can give your penis a boost in blood circulation, so you’re ready to go round after round.
6. Vitamin B3 (Niacin): Another member of the B family, this vitamin is known to reduce cholesterol, which means that it also keeps blood flowing to the penis.
7. Vitamin E: Studies show this vitamin may actually help the penis grow. You’re welcome! So how does it do it? By preventing the shortening of the penis tissue and increasing blood flow throughout the body.
8. Boron: This mineral is said to build stronger bones and muscles while increasing testosterone levels and mental health. One of the leading causes of ED in younger men is anxiety, so chill the hell out and your penis will thank you.