- screenjunkies.com: Fantasy Adventure Movies With Hot Chicks 55 ... - Screen Junkies
- Amanda Burton
- Ballougry County Londonderry Northern Ireland
- United Kingdom
- Piano Writing Poetry Travelling On A Shoestring Budget Scuba Dive Swim With Dolphins Water Ski (on One Leg) Play My Oboe African Guitar And Mouth Organ Learning Spanish And Having A Good Laugh With Friends.
- Stylish And Chic Down To Earth Lass
- Can't Be Accused Of All Work And No Play.
Amanda Burton (born October 10, 1956 in Ballougry, County Londonderry, Northern Ireland) is an actress best known for her role as forensic pathologist Doctor (later Professor) Sam Ryan in the BBC crime drama series Silent Witness (from 1996). She left the series in 2004, saying that she did not want "to be forever associated with it". Burton was the youngest of four daughters of a primary school headmaster. Some of her notable television appearances include Brookside (1982–86) and Peak Practice (1993–95). After Silent Witness, Burton also took on the role of Prosecutor Helen West in a series based on Frances Fyfield's novels. She also played Aunt Polly in a 2003 remake of Pollyanna. One of her most recent roles is as Commander Clare Blake in Lynda La Plante's drama The Commander. Amanda Burton's first marriage was to Jonathan Hartley (1977–1982). Until recently she was married to Swedish photographer Sven Arnstein. The couple have two children - Phoebe (born 1989) and Brid (born 1991) – and live in Wimbledon, London. In July, 2006 her name was linked with politician David Blunkett, following the breakdown of her marriage, after Arnstein had an affair with a younger woman. Amanda got engaged to another photographer Stephen Colover in 2007. When confronted about a large engagement ring during a magazine interview for her newest series of The Commander, she stated how happy she was with her new love. A 5th series of The Commander will be shown in three parts on ITV 1 called "The Commander Abduction" it will be screened from November 10th 2008.