- That hot chick from that sci-fi show andromed
- Laura Maureen Bertram
- Toronto Canada
- Speaking French
- Cute Great Singing Voice Rack
Laura Maureen Bertram (born September 5, 1978 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada) is a Canadian actress. She lives in Vancouver, Canada. She attended Leaside Collegiate Institute in Toronto and later earned her degree in history from the University of Guelph.
Laura Bertram Career
Her credits include the TV series Ready or Not, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Seasons of Love, and Andromeda as Trance Gemini, and the movies Night of the Twisters, and Dear America: So Far From Home. She is now a series regular on Robson Arms.
Laura Bertram Awards
Bertram has won two Gemini Awards for "Best Performance in a Children's or Youth Program or Series" for Ready or Not in 1995 and for "Best Performance in a Children's or Youth Program or Series" for Ready or Not in 1998.
She has also been nominated for two Gemini Awards for "Best Performance in a Children's or Youth Program or Series" for Ready or Not in 1996 and for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Dramatic Program or Mini-Series for Platinum in 1998.
Laura Bertram Trivia:
- Personal Laura's eyes are hazel.
- Laura has two younger sisters: Heather, and Jennifer. Both are also actresses.
- Laura went to high school at Leaside Secondary School in Toronto.
- Laura worked at Kilcoo Camp as the ceramics instructor in the summer of 1997. During the course of the summer, she chipped a tooth in a camp game.
- Laura has completed an Honours Degree in History, at the University of Guelph (Ontario, Canada), specializing in Early Modern (c. 1485-1700), Continental European history. She has said that she intends to pursue a Master's - probably somewhere closer to the Andromeda set. Laura started her University career at Queen's University (Kingston, Ontario), where she was a member of the "Queen's Players" theatre troupe. She spent one year at Queen's before transferring to Guelph.
- Laura worked as a waitress and in a snowboard shop while at university.
- Laura used to enjoy snowboarding - but is not permitted to, under her Andromeda contract. She is also not allowed to mountain bike, ice-skate, or roller-blade.
- Laura enjoys the fact that the Trance role allows her to maintain some anonymity.
- Laura also speaks French
- Laura is a much better singer than is apparent from the opening scene of "Star-Crossed" - she spent seven years with the Canadian Childrens' Opera Chorus.
- Laura began her performance career in ballet, with limited success, before her agent suggested trying acting. Her first audition got her her role in Ready or Not.
- Laura auditioned for the part of Rogue in the X-Men movie, and received a callback (but did not, obviously, get the part)
- Laura was thrilled to be able to audition for a Gene Roddenberry show - she "grew up on" Star Trek: The Next Generation (her mother is a sci-fi fan).
- Laura's second choice for a career would be teaching.
Laura Bertram on the Web
Laura Bertram - Filmbug Laura Bertram plays the spirited but mysterious Trance Gemin in Andromeda. The wealth of acting experience Bertram brings to Andromeda has earned her accolades that include two Gemini Awards (the Canadian Emmy-equivalent) for Best ...
Laura Bertram (35) | Date of born In 1978, Laura Bertram was born on this date in Toronto, Ontario, Canada View full post on IMDb Born On This Date.