Expert on Lita Ford? She needs your help. Add biography, facts, photos, videos along with any other details about Lita Ford, like tattoos, hook-ups or relationships.
- Lita Lita Gillette
- Carmelita Rosanna Ford
- London England
- United Kingdom
- Musician Rock Guitarist Rock Singer
- Playing Guitar Being A Badass
- Beautiful Legs Nice Ass Great Hips Could Kick Your Ass At Guitar Natural 36C Breasts
- Smoking Age (after All She's 51 Years Old!) Drinkiing Whisky (hey She's A Rock Star)
Lita Ford was born to a British father and an Italian mother in London, England. She moved with her family to the United States at the age of 4 and began playing the guitar at the age of 11.
In 1975 at the age of 16 she joined the all-female rock band The Runaways, for whom she played lead guitar. She would achieve greater popularity with the launching of her solo career in 1984, later reaching as high as #12 on the Billboard Pop Music Charts in 1988 with "Kiss Me Deadly", a single from the self-titled Lita LP.
- In June 2008, Lita and her new solo band played several warm-up gigs prior to Rocklahoma under the name Kiss Me Deadly in the New York City area.
- In June 2009, she began touring the US and Europe, with a new line-up consisting of Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal (Guns N' Roses guitarist, 2006–present) on guitar, Dennis Leeflang (Bumblefoot drummer) and PJ Farley on bass (Trixter, Ra) and Michael T. Ross (Angel/XYZ).
Ford released a new album Wicked Wonderland on 6 October 2009 via JLRG Entertainment.
- In an interview with ExclusiveMagazine.com, talking about her new album Wicked Wonderland, Ford revealed the reason why its sound is heavier than the 80s music she once used to put out - "I just wanted to kick ass! I don’t know what’s popular, or the flavour of the day. I just wanted the music to ROCK! The lyrics are very personal and that’s it. I wasn’t going to come out in sandals with hairy armpits!".
- Lita also contributed her likeness and voice to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 video game, Brütal Legend. She appears as the character Rima, alongside Jack Black, Tim Curry, Ozzy Osbourne, Rob Halford, and Lemmy Kilmister. Her song "Betrayal" is also one of the 100+ songs that appear in the game.
- In 2010, Ford was portrayed by actress Scout Taylor-Compton in the movie The Runaways.
- In May 2011, she promised a "real comeback album" later in the year, saying the last one, Wicked Wonderland, recorded with Jim Gillette (to whom she was married at the time) was too much of a collective project. "A lot of people have told me that they want a real Lita album, and I know what they mean. They are going to get it," she said.
Lita Ford Personal life
Ford married former Nitro singer Jim Gillette in 1994, after knowing each other for two weeks. They have two sons, James and Rocco Gillette. The family moved to Turks and Caicos, where Gillette has a successful building and real estate developing business. In a February 2011 radio interview, Lita acknowledged that she and Gillette were divorcing. The family was in negotiations for a reality TV show, tentatively titled "The Gillettes: An Extreme American Family" on TLC, but they ended due to the impending divorce. In a March 2011 interview on the Classic Rock Revisited website, Ford claimed that she had taken a business trip to Los Angeles to discuss the reality show with TLC executives, and returned home to find her husband and sons not speaking to her. She also claimed that her sons physically attacked her, egged on by Gillette, which was when she decided to divorce Gillette and cancel the reality series.
Lita Ford on the Web
BLABBERMOUTH.NET - LITA FORD: 'I'm Really Proud Of People ... Sue White of The Saginaw News recently conducted an interview with '80s hard rock queen Lita Ford. A few excerpts from the chat follow below. On the recording process for her new studio album, which she says is pure Lita: ...
Lita Ford Is Not Dead | Secaucus New Jersey News Representatives of Lita Ford have declared her to be alive and well. Read on for the official statement concerning the health of Lita Ford.