Father’s Day, 2014: Will you opt for another tie, box of golf balls or argyle socks? Or will you shell out a little more and get him something truly memorable, like a tennis ball can crafted from Tiffany silver? In a follow-up to our gallery of 2013’s Most Expensive Gifts for Christmas, here’s what loving sons with major money to burn will be wrapping up for dear old dad this year.
6. Panasonic TH-152UX1: Bring Dad’s man cave to the next level with this $500,000 3D plasma television. Caddyshack will never be the same.
3. Jacob & Co. Emerald Cut Canary Diamonds Octagon Cufflinks: Dad needs cufflinks, eh? Go big or go home with these $4.1 million canary diamond jobs. Maybe also get him a box to put them in, so he doesn’t lose them like every other pair.
4. K1000HS Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill: Give Dad options with this $21,195 range. He can cook his favorite Oscar Mayer wieners with gas, charcoal or wood as the spirit moves him.
7. E at Equinox: If Dad lives in the New York Metro area—or can fly there regularly on his private jet—why not get him a $25,000 gym membership that requires a retina scan for entry?
5. John Deere X758: If your father is the Hank Hill type, go for the Cadillac of riding mowers at $13,339. The three-cylinder diesel engine will have him winning every riding mower derby in town.
1. Isabella's Islay: Pop likes Islay Scotch, eh? Why skimp on that $150 bottle of The BenRiach when you can spend $6.2 million on the diamond-encrusted puppy above? Save the $740,000 crystal version (right) for your uncle.
2. Sam Adams Utopias: A little more affordable is Sam Adams Utopias, at a mere $238 a bottle. Sam Adams releases a new batch of this 27 percent ABV every year.
8. Tiffany Silver Tennis Ball Can: Dad’s already got a membership at a posh country club? Help him to really stand out with this $1,500 ball holder.
9. Geoffrey Parker Monopoly Set: This edition—ranging from $4,290 to$7,570 depending on whether you opt for the peasant-like pewter pieces or the more regal silver-gilt ones—will have Dad feeling like Mr. Moneybags on the next family game night.
10. Holland and Holland Gun Dog Special Edition: If Dad is more into firearms than rods and clubs, your best option is this $22,500 beauty. The exquisite detailing and inlays are going to have you looking for a deerstalker cap and ivory pipe to serve up along with it. For information on the no. 5 gun (out of a limited set of 10 manufactured in 1997), call 212-752-7755.