Men’s sandals that are less than incriminating are tough to find. You run the risk of looking like the new dad walking his kids on a leash around the waterpark, Jesus reincarnated or Zeus. So we’re here to disclose our intel on some open-air footwear that’ll keep your feet healthy and happy without sacrificing your dignity.
1. Fraid Webbing (Sanuk, $40): These suede-lined, high rebound footbeds will go where no sandal has gone before—seriously, they’ll cradle your feet on all your off-the-beaten path adventures.
2. Z/1 Classic (Chaco, $105): If you’re seeking dependability and functionality, these custom-fit classics fit the bill. The podiatrist-certified footbed and eight adjustable components make for streamlined coziness.
3. Kaamper (Free Waters, $46): Made with original camping pad foam, extra thick cushioning and arch support, these Vegan sandals are ideal for long-lasting comfort.
4. Fields (Hari Mari, $60): Butter-smooth Nubuck leather insoles, a firm arch and a low-profile midsole make these featherweight flops an easy option for everyday wear. Plus Hari Mari donates one percent of sales to children fighting pediatric cancer through what they call Flops Fighting Cancer.
5. Outside Bison (Superfeet, $60): The Bison’s deep heel cup positions the soft tissue to help naturally absorb impact without sacrificing support and protection for your hardworking dogs.
6. Single Layer Hemp (Rainbow, $36): Made from hemp, a plant that makes for naturally durable fabric, these originals were kicked to the next level with a seasonally appropriate fish pattern.
7. Arizona (Birkenstock, $125): The two buckled straps securing these sandals are an iconic look. Add a molded footbed featuring a pronounced arch, deep heel cup and toe box and you’ve got some shapely support.
8. Nasolino (Aldo, $80): Classing it up a bit? Strappy leather will do you justice. A rubber, contoured sole guarantees you’ll be able to last on your feet should you be schmoozing all day.
9. Verano Flops (TOMS, $39): In honor of the presidential election, TOMS is encouraging shoppers to vote. They designed these red, white and blue elephant print sandals to foster inspiration. There’s also a donkey print.
AK-47 Flip Flops (Combat Flip Flops, $50): "Bad for combat, perfect for peacemaking." Rock these Afghan-style flops confidently knowing that you're helping to fund one day of secondary school for an Afghan girl.