Boot season and trudging through snow are finally (hopefully) coming to an end. According to the calendar, at least. So with warmer weather and newly navigable sidewalks on the horizon, it’s time to break out some fresh white kicks. The kind of clean, eye-catching sneakers that you can deploy in the office, on dates and for all patio-related activities. Now, here they are: 10 of the finest white shoes to lace up this spring.
1. Classics Men’s Vantage Trainer ($95, Gola): This British sportswear brand deftly walks the line between athletic and casual. Case in point: these classy trainers. With a premium leather upper and subtle stitching, they’re versatile, and can be dressed up or down.
2. The Lucente ($248, M. Gemi): Clean lines, soft leather, hand-stitching and some crafty Italians combined to create this formidable spring shoe.
3. Tannino Leather Low Sneakers ($390, Buttero): Okay, these are technically off-white, but we’re going to let that slide. Because these handsome Italian numbers with leather laces threaded through leather eyelets deserve to be worn and admired by passersby.
4. Classic G2 White Canvas ($85, Spring Court): The white canvas upper, cotton lining and rubber sole make for a comfortable shoe, whether you’re stepping onto a boat or just having some brunch on a sunny patio.
5. Original Achilles Leather Sneakers ($410, Common Projects): This Italian-made Common Projects sneaker is a cult favorite, featuring top-notch materials, quality construction and a sleek design that’s embellishment free—save for the gold serial number stamped on the side.
6. Superstar Foundation ($80, Adidas): Some things are classics for a reason, and these Adidas Superstars certainly fit the bill. The Foundation version sports the same look as the original, but has been outfitted with upgraded materials and a few subtle flourishes, like the herringbone rubber cupsole.
7. Leather High Top ($398, John Elliot): Protect your ankles with this calf skin high-top that looks like something out of dearly departed Prince’s regular basketball game.
8. Canvas Old Skool ($55, Vans): You don’t have to skate to appreciate these throwback white-on-white kicks. The comfortable low-top and lace-up sneakers sport a sturdy canvas upper and re-enforced toecap to get you from spring to summer and back again.
9. Clean 90 Sneaker ($225, Axel Arigato): This relative newcomer hails from Sweden, a bastion of minimalist design. And you can see that here, in the low-top, white leather sneaker adorned with nothing but a simple, small gold logo.
10. Hand Sewn Low ($600, Feit): For those who want their feet swathed in soft, cordovan leather—say, for an upcoming trip to the Kentucky Derby—you should enjoy these exceedingly handsome and luxurious classic court sneakers that have been constructed by hand from start to finish by one master craftsman.