Memorial Day Weekend is coming soon, which means beaches are opening up to the public. We’ve already extolled the virtues that manscaping has to offer your appearance, and you may have even read about crafting that beach bod. Now here are some women-approved ways of styling it during your coastal adventures.
1. Creekside Boardshort (Burton, $45): Designed to take you swimming, hiking or socializing, these hybrid shorts dry quickly for an action-packed day of impressing the ladies.
2. Transition Mod Boardshorts (Volcom, $60): These 19-inch, four-way stretch aqua-shorts are designed for the serious surfer. Cinch Fly Technology makes for a rash-free ride and the recycled, water-repellent fabric dries rapidly for when you’re catching beers after catching waves.
3. Namaste at the Beach Short (lululemon, $68): “Namaste n’ play,” they say. These ultra comfortable, stylish and versatile four-way stretch shorts are great for yoga in the sand, running along the shore or swimming in the ocean. They’re UPF 50 and DWR-treated for element protection, so they can go as hard as you do.
4. The Swim Trunk (JackThreads, $44): Maybe you’re not so into the lobster-printed preppy trunks, but you’re bored of solid colors. These still sorta prepster mid-thighs have a custom-designed jackknife motif that’s a bit edgier than your typical designs.
5. Reblek Board (Under Armour, $60): Equipped with water-repelling UA Storm and anti-odor technology, salt and chlorine-resistant materials that fight fading and UPF 30+, this all-purpose swim short is ready to rock the beach.
6. Bruja Boardshorts (Howler Brothers, $59): You can never go wrong with old school. These boardshorts pay homage to the classics without sacrificing a modernized fit and finish.
7. Kingfisher Boardshorts (United By Blue, $68): If you’re big into water sports or just, you know, saving the planet, you’ll appreciate these recycled polyester and spandex scalloped shorts. When you purchase a pair, United By Blue will remove one pound of trash from the world’s oceans and waterways.
8. Suicides Boardshort (Vissla, $65): Made with coconut fibers and designed with a geo-print and stripes, these shorts were inspired by a “treacherously epic little peak” Vissla riders found in Indonesia—and intended for likeminded exotic adventurers.
9. Sailing Boardshort (Captain Fin, $60): Maybe you like sailing. Maybe you like it enough to rock sailboats on your shorts… on your sailboat. And women generally seem to have an affinity for men and boats. Need we say more?
10. South Eastern Boardshorts (RVCA, $50): Color-blocking is a very right-now trend, one that women appreciate. They also appreciate vintage styling. You get both here, playa.
11. Psych Panel Boardshort (Vans, $55): The Vans block cut offers a narrower leg and thigh opening, which gives these tri-blend swim shorts a modern fit despite their old-school design.
- Click Below for More Galleries