Valentine’s Day is a trap. More than any other occasion, V-Day presents an opportunity for your partner to decide whether you’re up to snuff. So listen to us and play it just right. A nice dinner, a heartfelt card, a thoughtful gift like one of these and you’re golden...
1. My Little Valentine Gift Box ($45, Mouth): Did somebody say artisanal? Ditch that box of Russell Stover STAT. Artisanal equals love.
2. You + Me Pendant ($44, Yellow Owl Workshop): A cheesy necklace that doesn’t look so cheesy. Score.
3. Look at My Phone Print ($22, Emily McDowell): Love in the 21st century—refreshing and upsetting.
4. Kate Spade Glitter Keds ($75, Keds): Before dinner, tell your beloved to put on her party shoes. When she looks at you quizzically, hand her these.
5. Conversation Hearts Cookies ($23, Williams-Sonoma ): You know why Valentine’s Day cookies are better than Valentine’s Day roses? BECAUSE YOU CAN’T EAT ROSES, THAT’S WHY.
6. All My Love Tray ($40, Kate Spade): The best way to remind her how much you love her is to get her a tray that says it. She’ll have to look at it every day to get her keys or dig out quarters for the laundry. Perfect plan.
7. Absolutely Beautiful Things ($68, Furbish Studio): Everyone likes looking at beautiful things, as evidenced by everyone’s Instagram sunset pics. Get your girl this tome and accompany it with a note that says, “You’re #1 in my book.”
8. Dear Valentine Heart Studs ($48, Kate Spade): They literally scream, “I heart you.”
9. Stacked Geo Bone Frame ($38, Furbish Studio): One of the best gifts you can give anyone is a nice framed photo. In this instance, make it one of you and your beloved.
10. Make Your Own Lip Balm Kit ($40, Uncommon Goods): Get her this and maybe she’ll become the next Burt’s Bees and you can retire early to the South of France.
11. Kiss Ring ($68, Virginie Millefiori): If you’re not going to buy her an engagement ring, get her one that literally advertises love and romance.
12. Shakespeare’s Love Sonnets ($15, Amazon): For some reason, Billy Shakes is synonymous with romance—even though everyone dies in Romeo and Juliet—so you can’t go wrong with this gift.
- Click Below for More Galleries