Ever since you saw Easy Rider and The Wild One, you had your eye on a leather jacket you could don cruising the open roads on a motorcycle. But you're probably not as cool as the guys in Easy Rider and you're definitely not as cool as Marlon Brando or James Dean. So, we've rounded up 14 leather jackets that'll make you look fierce instead of like The Fonz.
1. Jack & Jones Faux Leather Jacket ($130, ASOS): If you want the look of a classic moto jacket without the price tag that comes with buying real leather, look no further than this.
2. The Café Jacket ($179, Leather & Cotton): If you’re still going down the wallet-friendly (and animal-friendly) faux leather route, this Café Jacket is another good option. Slim cut, soft and supple, the jacket has the right amount of bells and whistles without looking obnoxious.
3. Bonded Moto Jacket ($350, Cole Haan): The menswear brand can be a little rock 'n roll sometimes, as evidenced by this jacket. Crafted out of 100 percent lambskin, the black jacket is simple and subtle, but still quietly badass.
4. Amsterdams Blauw Bomber Jacket ($495, Scotch & Soda): Made out of a combination of dyed blue goat leather and slightly lighter blue cotton twill panels, this piece might cut a classic figure, but it’ll stand out in a sea of black leather jackets.
5. G-1 Naval Aviator Flight Jacket ($550, Orvis): If you’re not lucky enough to have inherited your grandfather’s flight jacket from his military days, you can pretend you did with this G-1 Naval Aviator Flight Jacket, which is a broken-in replica of the jackets the boys wore overseas during WWII.
6. Gustin L1 Jacket ($649, Gustin): Looking for a jacket that combines business with casual? Made from high-quality Horween leather in a gorgeous oxblood coloring, this one is tailored and subtle enough to pair with work attire while still being cool for your weekend plans.
7. Roland Sands Clash Blue Steel Jacket ($650, Revzilla): The quilted patches, asymmetrical zippers and unique coloring on this jacket will look awesome. It'll also keep you safe with reinforced elbow patches and is built to accommodate shoulder, elbow and back armor.
8. Leather Bomber Jacket ($898, Brooks Brothers): This looks like something a badass Air Force officer would have worn in the 1940s. The shearling collar, which is removable if it’s too much for you, makes it even more special. All you need is a long scarf to blow in the wind behind you.
9. Nappa Leather Bomber Jacket ($900, Ralph Lauren): Ralph Lauren is synonymous with preppy, but we’ll think out of the box. Crafted out of buttery, high-quality leather, the jacket is slightly distressed, features ribbed cuffs and hem, and will look equally great at the country club or the rock club.
10. Leather Full-Zip Jacket ($900, Ralph Lauren): Crafted out of hand-burnished Italian leather with flannel lining and genuine horn buttons, this jacket has that extra flair. The snap button exterior pockets will keep your stuff safe and the mock-neck collar will make you look cool.
11. Champion FC Jacket ($995, Belstaff): UK-based Belstaff has been around since the 1920s, so if you’re seeking out a vintage look, you’ve found it with this Champion FC Jacket. Cutting a classic café racer silhouette, the jacket has details like quilted shoulders, vintage pocket applique and brass snap buttons.
12. Essential Leather Moto Jacket ($995, Vince): If you’ve got a grand to spend on a leather jacket, we heartily endorse this Essential Leather Moto Jacket from Vince. Crafted out of ultra-soft lamb leather, it’s slim-fit and just the right amount of badass for a city boy like you.
13. Moto Jacket ($1,075, Taylor Stitch): “Leave something your children will fight over,” is how Taylor Stitch describes its incredible Moto Jacket, which is pricey but well worth it. Think of it as an investment.
14. Eclipse Motorcycle Jacket ($1,195, Aether Apparel): A nod to vintage café racing jackets of the past, Aether’s Eclipse Motorcycle Jacket is made for real riders, including SPIDI CE-certified armor in the elbows, shoulders and back.