Your wife just had a baby and Mother's Day is around the corner. You gotta get her a Mother's Day gift, not only because she deserves it (she did have to give birth to your child, right?) but also because you know she's going to get you a Father's Day gift next month. Don't make yourself look bad. Luckily for you, we've rounded up 15 awesome Mother's Day gifts perfect for a new mom.
1. Ivy Park Zip-Through Hoodie (Top Shop, $52): Maternity leave requires comfortable clothing. The first time you'll see your wife put on pants that have a button or a zipper on them will be on the first day she goes back to work. Score big points by getting her this comfy maternity leave-approved hoodie from Beyonce’s new sought-after clothing line, Ivy Park.
2. Slippers (Mahabis, $86): Speaking of comfort, if your wife is going to be house-bound for months, get her something comfortable to shuffle around the house in, namely a good pair of slippers. These ones from Mahabis fit the bill nicely.
3. I’m So Tired Mason Jar (Hello Apparel, $10): You always noticed how new parents would laugh bitterly if you mentioned that you were tired, but now you get it. There’s “tired,” and then there’s “bone tired,” and as a new parent, you are always bone tired. Your wife can enjoy multiple iced coffees in this cute mason jar cup emblazoned with her truth on it.
4. DUO Signature Diaper Bag (Skip Hop, $65): Carting your kid around town requires a ton of supplies. Her days of leaving the house with a small purse are OVER. And while most diaper bags are more functional than fashionable, this one from Skip Hop manages to be both.
5. Aromatherapy to Go Set (Uncommon Goods, $33): Your wife’s morning routine used to involve a long shower followed by at least 30 minutes in front of the mirror doing hair and makeup stuff, but after having a kid, she’s just happy to get a shower in every morning. Help her feel like a woman again (and not just a mom).
6. Calm the F*ck Down (Knock Knock, $14): Really a present for both of you, Calm the F*ck Down is a book of parenting advice that seeks to help beleaguered parents all over the world calm down and assure them that they’re doing a good job at parenting (really).
7. Personalized Gold Stacking Rings (Lisa Leonard Designs, $379 each): Whether this kid is your first or your fifth (God help you), the new mom is guaranteed to love getting one of these personalized with the baby’s (or all of her babies’) name(s).
8. Gold Earphones (Master & Dynamic, $199): It can be so excruciatingly hard to get a baby to go to sleep that when you finally do “get the baby down,” (weird phrase, right?), it feels like a miracle. You’ll find yourselves tip-toeing around the house and speaking in whispers to avoid waking the beast. That’s why a pair of quality headphones will go a long way for your wife.
9. Queen Bee Clutch (Kate Spade, $100): Mother knows best, right? Buy this Queen Bee Clutch and let your wife know that she’s the one in charge in your household, despite the fact that, in reality, an eight-pound infant who can’t roll over by herself is actually the one in charge.
10. Coffee Every Month Subscription (Mouth, $60 per month for three months): Coffee is the lifeblood of new parents, so by gifting your wife a Coffee Every Month Subscription—which sends three bags of different whole bean coffees each month—you’re helping her be able to function.
11. Best Mom Ever Tank Top (Lola & Darla, $29): When you’re a new mom, you feel like literally everything you’re doing is wrong (and if you have an especially vocal mother-in-law, you KNOW everything you’re doing is wrong), so you’ll earn a ton of brownie points from your wife just by getting her this Best Mom Ever tank top.
12. Great Job Print (Emily McDowell Studio, $22): Let her know she’s doing a great job, even if you’re not sure that either of you are. The kid’s still alive, right? You’re doing fine.
13. BOOM Swimmer Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker (Amazon, $35): When you’re a new mother, literally the only place you can be alone is in the shower, and even then, the kid is typically just on the other side of a shower curtain in a playset or a boppy pillow. Help her enhance the 15 minutes of alone time she gets a day with this, which she can put right in the shower.
14. Coat of Arms Personalized Crest (Uncommon Goods, $120): Buying presents for kids is more exciting than buying gifts for your adult friends, so while everything on this list is specifically a grown-up gift, we had to make the exception for this, which will make your wife cry and then immediately demand that you go hang it up in the nursery.
15. Teething Necklace (Chewbeads, $30): Babies are always grabbing and chewing on women's jewelry, which is why Chewbeads are so genius. They look like necklaces your wife would actually want to wear, but are made out of safe material perfect for your kid to chomp on whenever the urge strikes.