Call it the Hallmark Effect—you can be perfectly content in your singlehood all year, but when Valentine’s Day rolls around, you start feeling pangs of loneliness. We get it—but being single ain’t all bad. You can do whatever you want. Your weekends are your own (you don’t have to spend Saturday night being dragged to dinner with people you don’t like) and your money is also your own. Take the cash you’d drop on a girlfriend and treat yourself to something awesome—because right now, you are the love of your life.
1. Whiskey & How to Enjoy It Gift Set ($35, Owen & Fred): When you’re single, you can drink as much whiskey as you want.
2. AIAIAI TMA-2 Modeselektor Edition Headphones ($250): Ditch the crappy earbuds and invest in something more substantial. Your daily commute just got a helluva lot jazzier.
3. Hudson Bay Axe ($275, Best Made Co.): No girlfriend? Great—no one’s gonna stop you from buying you something you don't need, like a $275 axe.
4. Military Duffle Bag ($339, Whipping Post): Because women aren't the only ones who covet bags.
5. Movado Edge Watch ($495): Nobody in your life (aside from your boss) cares if you’re late, but now’s a good time to upgrade your watch anyway.
6. GoPro Hero4 Session Camera ($199): Now you can finally capture your crazy adventures on camera (or just strap it to your dog).
7. Dream Beard Traveler Set ($65): Grow whatever stupid facial hair you want, without fear of rejection, but please, for everyone’s sake—keep it clean.
8. Chuck Taylor All Star Quilted Hi-Tops ($50): When you’re single, your sneakerhead compulsions can run rampant. Pick these limited edition kicks up and then head over to Nike and go nuts.
9. Ox Horn Money Clip ($85, Sir Jack’s): Your money has never looked so good.
10. Handpresso Pump Set ($194): Never suffer through shitty coffee at a hotel (or your parents’ house) again.
11. Glerups Slippers ($85, Huckberry): Shuffle around your empty apartment in style.
12. The Myriad Monikers of Gotham’s Villians ($20, Pop Chart Lab): You can be as geeky as you want, alone in the dark.
13. Crater Lake Mug ($46, Mazama): You drink coffee every morning—you should drink it from a proper mug with some heft to it.
14. Crosley Turntable ($430): Spend all of your money on vinyl records and play all the B sides with abandon on this handsome little turntable.
15. Great American Flask ($200, Jacob Bromwell): Come prepared to every event you go to with this gorgeous copper flask that you’ll keep forever and then leave to your grandkids (assuming you ever find someone to have kids with, that is).
- Click Below for More Galleries