Remaining one of the top sports cars isn’t easy given all the competition in the segment. That’s why the rollout of the new 2016 Chevrolet Camaro (also known as Gen Six) is so important. For five years running, the Chevy muscle car has ranked as the best-selling vehicle in its class. But to hold onto the crown, the new Camaro has undergone some major changes. And taking the car out for a few laps on the track in Detroit gave us a few ideas for improving our own bodies. Check out the following pages for pics and tips.
1. Cut the Fat: Whether it’s skipping that extra slice of pizza or pushing for a faster 0 to 60 mph time on a car, nothing enhances one’s performance like finding a way to trim excess weight. In that spirit, Chevy has shaved roughly 200 pounds off the 2016 edition, which also gives the new model a more chiseled look than its predecessor.
2. Push For More Power: Regardless of how you train, power and endurance are key. And the more the better, whether it’s pumping iron or trail running. By the same token, the Camaro SS boasts a new V-8 engine with 455 horsepower and 455 lb-ft of torque, making it the most powerful Camaro ever.
3. Use Better Equipment: Even occasional runners know that something as simple as the right pair of shoes can make a world of difference on the track. That’s why the sixth generation Camaro has undergone a complete overhaul with everything from a new high-tech drive mode selector to interior upgrades. In fact, only two features from the previous Camaro have been carried over: the rear bowtie emblem and the SS badge.
4. Train and Train Some More: Any great coach or athlete will tell you that nothing beats hard work and practice. It’s a tried and true formula for building champions. Clearly, Chevrolet shares that philosophy, which is why Chevy has tested and tuned the car several tracks around the world as well as the Autobahn.
5. Leverage Your Options: Whether it’s cycling or swimming, it’s best to find a workout routine that suits your lifestyle. It makes the benefits that much more enjoyable. Along the same lines, Chevy has expanded its offerings for the 2016 Camaro. From the availability of an all-new 2.0-liter turbo engine to a more performance oriented convertible, the sixth-gen Camaro lineup has been improved significantly over previous editions. Here’s hoping that with the help of these tips, you will be too.