When it comes to super cars, they just don’t get much more exclusive than this one. The Lamborghini Centenario, which just made its North American debut in Los Angeles, is by far one of the hottest automobiles to ever wear the iconic fighting bull badge. Here are a few facts following Made Man’s special invite to the LA debut.
1. Built to commemorate the 100th year since founder Ferruccio Lamborghini’s birth, the Centenario has a starting price of $1.75 million Euros, roughly $2 million U.S.
2. Powered by a 770-horsepower V12 engine, the Centenario is capable of 0-62 mph in 2.8 seconds. with a top speed of more than 217 mph.
3. The limited-edition Lambo is equipped with a permanent all-wheel-drive system and features three driving modes: Strada, Sport and Corsa.
4. The Centenario features the carmaker’s first use of rear-wheel steering, a high-tech system that turns the rear tires in the same direction as the steering angle at high speeds and substantially enhances the car’s turning stability at low speeds.
5. Developed as the ultimate representation of Lamborghini luxury as well as performance, the interior of the Centenario features lightweight carbon-fiber sports seats and new inner door panels made of carbon fiber and Alcantara.
6. The new Lamborghini is loaded with a number of cool in-vehicle tech features including Wi-Fi, a high-definition 10.1-inch touchscreen and Apple CarPlay, which allows the driver to seamlessly access some of the functionalities of a personal iPhone when driving.
7. Only 40 versions of the celebratory Lamborghini will be produced, including 20 coupes and 20 roadsters, and all 40 units are already sold. So, you know, keep an eye on Craigslist.