Look, no guy reads—let alone writes—a list like this without being a little on edge, acutely aware that some female co-worker or relative or significant other might just catch him at any minute, only to scold him for an ageist, sexist thought process that would so obviously have to be in play to do so in the first place. But, the fact is, in the wrongness lay the right (or would it be righteousness?); while, yes, we're acknowledging age, we are doing so with awe and admiration and... well... quite frankly... applause. Photo: Getty Images/ RB/Bauer-Griffin, Stephane Cardinale - Corbis, Karwai Tang
1. Michelle Pfeiffer: There simply has never been a time that Pfeiffer wasn't cool, fearless, seemingly ageless and gorgeous. From Grease 2, where she took on the daunting task of following up Olivia Newton-John's leather-panted tour de force without the voice or good songs, and with Adrian Zmed from TV's TJ Hooker filling in for Travolta, to Scarface, where she played Pacino's nose candy-lovin' arm candy, to her whip-smart turn as Catwoman, she's always been a wonder. And continues to be. Well into her 50s, kids outta the house, she's got a slew of projects about to hit theaters. Don't call it a comeback. Photo: Getty Images/Frederick M. Brown
2. Heather Locklear: Oft-referred to as "the poor man's Michelle Pfeiffer" (and what exactly is wrong with that?), it's Six Degrees of Adrian Zmed—Locklear starred in TJ Hooker with him. Then there was Dynasty. Then Melrose Place. Then Spin City. Then Melrose Place again. There were also high-profile romances for the California blonde, from the rockers (Tommy Lee and Ritchie Sambora) to the co-stars, like Jack Wagner (who is also a rocker, right? Remember his hit All I Need? Sorry...). Through it all, Locklear's always came out squeaky clean, and looking pristine. Photo: Getty Images/Jason LaVeris
3. Elizabeth Hurley: As Chandler Bing would rhetorically ask: "Could Hurley be any hotter?" The answer, of course, is no. And, moreover, it would appear as if the Brit only gets better with each passing year. The 52-year-old, best known for her role in the first Austin Powers movie (or as the girl Hugh Grant somehow managed to cheat on with a prostitute, getting caught in the process) steams up the small screen as the British royalty she in many ways truly is on the E! series The Royals. But it's her annual litany of selfies in bikinis that she posts on social media that men everywhere can't wait to see. Photo: Getty Images/Jason LaVeris
4. Elle MacPherson: The model/actress puts the fierce in MacPherson. Corny? Maybe. But take a look at a recent shot of the Aussie, bikini-clad and chilling on the beach. She inspires such desperate attempts at charm. At 53, MacPherson is positively radiant and as curvaceous as ever. More entrepreneur than actor or model these days, I defy you to watch the indie Sirens on your laptop and continue to mock my referring to her as an actress here. I also defy you to not need a few minutes to yourself immediately following watching it, too. Photo: Getty Images/Paul Archuleta
5. Demi Moore: Didn't they invent the term "cougar" for Moore? I'm not particularly fond of it, especially because in most cases I don't think of the cougar is necessarily the one doing the devouring. But around the time she was with the much-younger Ashton Kutcher the term surfaced. No matter. Moore taught conventional Hollywood many a lesson; chief among them: One, chicks can do action, too. See G.I. Jane for proof, which predates much of what we celebrate as the "first this" or "first that" these days. And, two, that after a certain age women can no longer be considered sexy in Hollywood. She shattered that theory as the villain in the Charlie Angels sequel, where she managed to look better in a bikini next to Cameron Diaz in a bikini, despite having 10 years on her. Meantime, Diaz looked fantastic in that bikini. Photo: Getty Images/Amanda Edwards
6. Julianne Moore: Another Moore! Ya know, there really is a difference between hot and sexy. Ms. Julianne has always been, and will always be, the very definition of sexy. She was when she played a despicable, cheating wife in Robert Altman's brilliant Short Cuts and she is in this fall's Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle, where she plays a not-so-likable character once again (i.e. the villain). But at 56, the freckled, pensive redhead makes one chortle at the adage, "Gentlemen prefer blonds." Photo: Getty Images/Pascal Le Segretain
7. Kim Basinger: When it was announced that the spectacular Ms. Basinger was cast in the sequel to 50 Shades of Grey, it made total sense. Without even knowing anything about the character she'd be playing. Basinger's made a career out of playing the sexpot, most famously in 9 & 1/2 Weeks, with the occasional foray into more dramatic fare, most notably in L.A. Confidential. And, at 63, her mere presence on the big screen can still make a man's forearm hair tingle (lest he's had it waxed).
8. Diane Lane: Sure, playing Clark Kent's mom isn't the sexiest gig out there, but Lane sure has been there, done that. What's more, she still could if she wanted to. Whether she's getting banged in a stairwell behind her husband's back in Unfaithful or being dominated by a loving Viggo Mortenson in A Walk on the Moon, one simply cannot take their eyes off Lane. Interestingly, she started her career with Superman, too, playing Lana Lang in the Christopher Reeves 1978 installment—so there's full circle stuff going on 'round here. But it would be her turn as Cherry in The Outsiders some five years later that would put her on the sexy map. And it's where she's been ever since.