Get stoked: The 2017-2018 NBA season begins tonight! Feeling inspired to get out on the hardwood or blacktop yourself? Lace up one of the following exclusive sneaker options, all of which have dropped in the past year. They’ll have your feet looking as pretty as your jump shot does when it rips the nylon and you call “game.”
1. Nike PG 1 ($110): It’s a mystery how the Thunder will do now that Paul George—and Carmelo Anthony—have joined Russell Westbrook in Oklahoma City. But it’s no mystery how superfly PG-13's signature shoe is.
2. Adidas Harden Vol. 1 ($140): James Harden had a superstar season leading the Houston Rockets toward a high playoff seed. You too can fill it up like the Los Angeles native in the Adidas Harden Vol. 1. Available in his high school Artesia and Arizona State University colorways.
3. Air Jordan 31 All-Star ($185): These are the kicks Russell Westbrook wore while dropping 41 in the All-Star game. The luminous colors are an homage to Michael Jordan’s ownership of the Charlotte Hornets, a franchise with hues much prettier than its future.
4. Nike Kyrie 3 ($120): Having a signature shoe is old hat now for Kyrie Irving, the 25-year-old hero of the 2016 NBA Finals. You’ll have your defender on skates in these aerodynamically designed wonders with independent suspension pods and a curved outsole.
5. Nike KD 9 “Texas” ($150): If you are going to go for the KD 9, you might as well go for the “Texas” colorway. The shoes pay tribute to the one year Kevin Durant played in the burnt orange. His contrasting number 35 is stitched on the tongue, for extra dopeness.
6. Adidas Crazy Explosive Lows ($120): These kicks don’t have a big name player attached—just features such as full-length BOOST, a TPU roll cage to withstand pressure on hard drives and coral-constructed power traction, which sounds pretty sweet.
7. Nike LeBron Zoom Witness ($60): It can no longer be argued whether LeBron is an all-time great. What can be argued is what color LeBron Zoom Witness you are going to rock on any given day. The swoosh at the base of the shoe gives these sneaks an extra cool factor.
8. Under Armour Curry 3 ($160): Three-point ace Steph is the only NBA player with a signature shoe under the Under Armour umbrella. His UA Curry 3 comes in colors such as Dub Nation Heritage and Red Hot Santa for when you’re ready to deliver the goods.
9. Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Royal ($160): The shoe that started it all for the “Jumpman” line. Royal may not be one of the original colorways but it is one of the best. If you don these at the playground, you’d better have some serious bunnies.