Unless you have been living under a rock since about 2010, you're probably well aware of one of the biggest style trends: athleisure. Like it or not, athleisure has become a phenomenon and we wear it whether or not we're actually working out. Take, for example, track pants. Yes, the track pants that you used to run in. They're popular mostly among hipsters lusting over all things-Adidas, but all types of people are following suit. If you're one of those people, be sure to check out some of our personal favorites to wear for every occasion. Emphasis on the every. Photo:iStock/travnikovstudio
1. For actually exercising (adidas, $65): There is just something about the classic Adidas track pant that makes you want to get up and exercise (well, not everyone). Comfortable, stylish and beyond practical, this is the go-to option for hitting the gym.
2. For the weekend (asos, $30): Weekends are meant for lounging, right? So what better alternative to oversized dude sweats than track pants like these? They're presentable enough to even run out for coffee.
3. For a night out (Vince, $395): You'll want something comfortable when you're hopping from one place to the next. Vince has been on a track pants spree this season and his knit version is incredibly soft. They will help you through your night of drinking and dancing, and they'll allow you to bust out all the moves.
4. For going on a date (Barneys, $990): When you’re trying to make first impressions, it’s better to go big. Right? Gucci's version of the track pant, which can be dressed up or down, will do the talking for you.
5. For at the office (Vince, $325): Vince’s upscale version of the track pant is perfect for office attire. With its slight sheen, it adds a layer of luxury while still being comfortable enough to survive your 9-to-5.
6. For going on a job interview (H&M, $50): Most of the time, you'll want to keep things on the modest side for interviews. And these pants are just that—with an added touch of trendiness. And what’s better than the price point?
7. For a wedding (TOPMAN, $95): Worried about being too formal? Too casual? Upstaging someone? Screw it. Do it all. This track suit will help you turn heads.
8. For a funeral (Forever 21, $20): OK, so funerals aren't about fashion. But you're probably going to have to see a lot of familiar faces. These simple black and white track pants, perhaps paired with a blazer, will help get you through it.