@EngjiAndy is the fast growing Instagram account of a five-year-old that proves: It’s not what you wear, but how you wear it. Andy is an Albanian boy born in Kosovo and currently living in Sweden. He has 300k Instagram follows, many of whom are taken by the preschooler’s swag. Here, we break it down into a couple of tips for those looking to get their own swag back this spring.
1. Stay active. When you look good, you feel good. A guy who’s capable, who can help you carry that heavy bag down the stairs, who can pound the soccer ball back to those kids in the park—that’s the kinda guy you’d want around, right? Be the dude you want to see out there.
2. Teamwork makes the dream work. If you're getting back in the dating scene, girls will feel more at ease if their friends like hanging around your friends. It’s called “social proof.” People want to hang out with people who have people to hang out with. It’s for this reason that your dating app profile should have at least one group photo.
3. Don't be afraid to be the life of the party. Every guy feels stupid dancing. Every girl loves to dance.
4. Cultivate your own interests. Yeah, knowing the deal with pinot noir or constellations is cool and all, but if you're down with Mickey and not afraid to say it: Good for you!
5. Respect your elders. A great way to check in the way you talk to women is to make sure it’s the way you would talk to older women. Do you like her dress or the way her dress make dat ass look? If so, leave a bit of mystery. That’s swag.
6. You’re the only one who can decide when to get back in the ring. Whether it’s getting back in the dating scene or writing your second book even after it’s two years overdue, no one can decide when you’re ready to get back in there. You’re the only one who can get knocked down. So make sure that you’re not the same man you were last time around.
7. Cultivate your platonic relationships. Spending time with a group of girls lets other girls know you’re safe. And not friend-zone safe. I’m talking pre-approved, he’s-a-good-listener and girls-think-he’s-fun safe. Plus, when you hang out with babes, you can’t help but dress well, too.
8. When in doubt, GTFO. That dead end job, the bad relationship, the apartment that is affordable but the other dudes never clean. Save up, stay in, quit, move, bail. Nothing is more attractive to girls than a moving target. Post some mid-air plane wings on your 'gram and come back tan, full of better stories and ready to live a better life.
9. Learn the art of text-timing. Not too fast, but also don’t leave anybody hanging. She’s got plans to make and eyelashes to curl. So when you say, “You out tonight?” after brunch it’s not polite to then check in at midnight when you’re in a bar in her neighborhood. So no nightly “U up?” texts.
10. The person you should be the most in-demand with is yourself. Sleep, eat, workout, practice that Duolingo. Hold yourself accountable to yourself and you’ll think about how you’ll look at the problems you had last year and be like, “New phone. Who dis?”