Passing a flask around with friends is such a delight. It’s self-disinfecting. Always chummy. But it’s like brunch in a weird way: fun with friends, kinda weird solo. Unless you’ve got a super stealthy flask like one of these, of course.
1. Reef Dram Sandal ($45): If only they had these back in my college rugby days. Yes it only holds 1.5 oz., or about one nip each, but if you have more than one drink out of a shoe, you’re on the wrong rugby team.
3. Bevburry ($13): This one’s cheaper and cool and all, but I don’t know anything more conspicuous than pulling out a Blackberry.
4. Sasquatch 128 Extremely Large Flask ($29): Umm, who is Randal Williams and is he going to be born two years from now in 2019? Or did he drink all 100 shots in this flask and we’re just looking at his tombstone?
5. Orange Caravan Hides Micro-Flask ($25): The baby one holds 1 oz. of liquid. Cute if you’ve got both and you’re making a cocktail out there while ridin’ and ropin’. It has a nice little key-ring attachment and each one is made by hand.
6. Bev-brella ($16): What can possibly be said about drinking out of a plastic bottle hidden inside an umbrella case other than what the website says? “This is NOT a working umbrella.”
7. True Fabrications Binoculars Flask ($14): The classic. The best friend to bring along to a college sports game when you’re out to make new friends. This bad boy holds 8 oz. of liquid in each side. That’s almost a fifth of booze!
8. Woodchuck USA X Hatchet ($60): This option is for those who’d like to feel a bit more dignified out on the trail. Bonus: won’t freeze to your leg!
9. The “Drunk Hunt” ($20): Man, I love this thing. What is the TSA dude at the pat-down going to do when he finds you with the best “first-person shooter” of the ’80s? Will he high-five you? If he confiscates it, next time go with “Contra[band].” Yes, that’s another one they sell.
10. ColdPole ($96): The good news is, when you fall skiing, you won’t land on your hip flask.
11. Nicholas Portside Flask ($29): Just imagine this wordless exchange… You’re at a hockey game. You pass this stainless steel number to your buddy. Right when he’s playing cool but wants to say, “Whaddaya got in there?” you tip it over and through the glass window he can tell you’ve packed a nice bourbon. He obliges. Then 10 minutes later his next question will answer itself, “You got any left?”
12. This Flask ($9): This is mine. A buddy from back home gave this to me for DJ’ing his wedding. All the groomsmen got one. It’s not what you’d call discreet, but it is the industry standard: reasonably prices, solid and reliable. Also it has an attached lid, which, when you’re gonna have a flask amount of fun, is key.
- Click Below for More Galleries