Strip poker is overrated. Of all the games one could suggest to a group of randy partygoers, why go with one that can be a bit tricky, to the point of constant “I’m out” declarations? After that second “I fold” the sexual tension is dissipating; you want women folding their doffed clothes, not bailing. With that in mind, here are 10 better stripping games—and how to play them. Trust us, you'll be anything but bored! Photo: Getty/PeopleImages
1. Trivial Pursuit: It’s simple. She rolls the die, movies her empty pie tin in the direction of her choosing, selects a subject matter and listens intently as the question is asked. Get the answer wrong, off comes an article of clothing; get an answer right and you just keep on going. Until you get one wrong. That’s right: It basically stays that person’s turn until the stripping commences. The farthest thing from trivial.
2. Pictionary: The fun with this one—if everyone is buzzed enough—is you can straight-up refer to it as “Striptionary” when suggesting you play it. Furthermore, the team aspect of the charades-inspired game creates the distinct possibility that you will ultimately see two of everything. (Or, you know, four, depending on the body part.)
3. Candy Land: The “land” goes hand-in-hand with drinking. For every solid move forward you “get to” do a shot (yes, under no circumstances you do position drinking a shot as a penalty of some sort), and for every time the cards dictate you go backward, off comes an article of clothing. This way everyone is drinking and stripping. In other words, everyone wins.
4. Chutes and Ladders: See previous entry. But there’s more! Sure, a move forward means take a shot and a move backward means a strip, but what if every time the person who got to that space that enabled them to climb a ladder not only took a shot, but also their opposition had to remove some clothing? So there’s pretty much twice as much stripping. Shoot!
5. Taboo: The name alone injects the tawdry, the illicit, into the air, does it not? Here the stripping is as an even more rapid-fire rate. Potentially anyway. Because at the end of each round, if a participant slipped and used, say, three taboo words in an effort to convey the word they needed said, they now must remove three items of clothing. Taboo indeed.
6. Stratego: This one is a blast (pun intended). The only real downside is that it’s a two-player game, but then again that can take a nightcap or “dinner at my place” to the next level in no time. Every time a player stumbles onto a bomb—BOOM!—something is doffed. But the real kicker is that when someone’s flag is captured, so too is their entire outfit.
7. Sorry! Perfect for this day and age of #sorrynotsorry. Strip Sorry! is all about landing on that other player’s spot, sending them “home” so they have to begin all over again, minus an article of clothing. As children this begat the most fun of the game: facetiously shouting “Sorry!” Because, obviously, you are totally not. Which is where #sorrynotsorry comes into play. Get it?
8. Monopoly: Yes, it’s a long haul, but the reasons it can still be fun to incorporate the strip angle are twofold: One, after the property has been purchased, and the other player ultimately lands on it, they reward you not with Monopoly’s trademark flimsy bills but with a blouse or knee-sock. Two, that flimsy Monopoly money is a blast to throw in the air, and eventually roll around in. And don’t get me started on the “Get Out of Jail Free” card.
9. Connect Four: This one is simple. If you manage to line up four red or blue playing pieces, off comes an article of your opponent’s clothing. Then you go again. Stalemate equates to both of you stripping, which makes this the sole game on the list with that distinction. The only downside is that with there being no true ending to this game, one can bail at any time, just by muttering “I don’t wanna play anymore.” Thus, if you want to connect more, you’ve gotta keep the energy level high.
10. Operation: This classic might be the most fun of the lot, depending on the number of players—and level of intoxication. This poor old sod laid out before you, looking to be saved, somehow inspires both the raunchy and the raucous. She gets zapped trying to remove a bone, she takes off something. Any time there’s a zap, clothes are coming off. The Operation guy will definitely die, but you’ll be the one in heaven.