Sure Memorial Day is over, but as it continues to warm up, we’re evermore enticed to cook in the great outdoors. Summer Fridays, beach weekends, we’ve got you covered. The following awesome barbecuing gear will make you look like a pro, even if you’re just flipping burgers.
1. Myron Mixon Pitmaster 3-in-1 Grill Tool (HSN, $39): Equipped with a bottle opener, a precision blade and a patented Flipper Hook that’ll make turning the meat on the grill far easier, this tool is a must-have.
2. Flame Boss 200-WiFi Kamado Smoker Controller (Flame Boss, $349): Monitor the temperature of your meat on your iPhone with this easy-to-use and accurate WiFi-enabled controller.
3. Grillbot Automatic Grill Cleaning Robot (Bed, Bath & Beyond, $100): Leave the post-grilling tasks to your own personal cleaner-upper. Grillbot is powered by three motors to regulate speed and direction while cleaning your grill for you.
4. Flameless Grill Smoker (Hammacher, $30): This wood chip smoker box that sits atop hot coals or gas burners actually generates flavor-enhancing smoke without producing flames. So what you get is a more concentrated, robust smoky flavor.
5. Grill Humidifier (BBQGuys, $30): There’s nothing worse than dry meat. A humidifier will help prevent dehydration without sacrificing that smoky flavor you’re craving.
6. Biterrman’s Himalayan Salt Block (Sur la Table, $32): Flash-searing tuna, serving sashimi, grilling scallops or chilling delicious ribbons of salted caramel? Toss this hand-cut slab of pink Himalayan salt onto the grill to add some savory goodness to any dish.
7. Monogrammed Forged Steak Brand (Williams Sonoma, $40): Personalize your steak and let everyone know who’s chef with this monogrammed hand-forged iron branding tool. Choose single, double or triple initials.
8. Handle-Mount Grill Light (Brookstone, $30): Grilling at night? With this universal clamp light, you can actually see what you’re grilling. The LED bulbs last over 100,000 hours and can stand years of use.
9. Onja Stove (Primus, $140): Thanks to a handy carrying strap, you can bring along this compact two-burner stove on your next weekend excursion. The top, covered with an oak lid, doubles as a cutting board and plate.
10. BBQ Gift Box (Tripli-Kit, $100): This all-in-one gift box comes with a Pitt Cue Co. book, a variety pack of salts, an apron and none other than a “Meat to Please You” T-shirt. Buy it for someone else, but keep the shirt for yourself.
11. Esky Series 55 Quart Cooler (Coleman, $340): This bear-certified cooler is super-durable and holds ice up to 44 percent longer than its competition, making it perfect for chilling beers while you man the grill. Did we mention it’s bear-certified?