Ah the groomsman—a close friend or family member you bring into an elite fold of the best people in your life. And you want to hook them up with something cool for their dedicated service, don’t you? (Other than flasks, cufflinks, key rings, wallet clips and all the other tired, boring stuff guys expect to get as groomsmen, of course.) With wedding season coming up we put together a sweet list of unique gifts to consider for your groomspeople (including extra special stuff for the best man). Peep this awesome mix of strange, enticing, delicious and classy offerings. Photo Credit: Twenty20/@hiswillis
1. Fashion Anchor Collar Stays (36-pack, $15): A special weekend of dress-up events like this warrants an upkeep and maintenance gift that’ll fix a crooked collar in a flash. Instead of magnets or heavy metal stays, the Fashion Anchor is a small gel dot that can be applied and peeled off without sticky residue. It also works as a hidden button (in case one pops off during a particularly boisterous sake bomb), or for the hemming of pants, as a tie tack or to keep rolled shirt cuffs or pockets squares in place.
2. MOVA Rotating World Globe ($134.99): If “every gentleman needs a globe on his desk,” as MOVA suggests, then how about a continuously rotating globe that operates on solar cells, magnets and fluid levitation technology? If you said next-level gent, you’re absolutely right. Though they come in many designs including space, custom art and sports, we’d like to recommend this particular conversation piece: a softball-sized globe with a classic blue relief map featuring land masses, blue oceans and elevation changes. Now you’re worldly.
3. FINEX 8” Cast Iron Skillet ($125): There’s nothing else that’ll put that hard sear on a thick steak like a screaming hot cast iron skillet. Deep-walled with quick and even heating, the FINEX cast iron skillet is good for crispy-edged golden brown corn bread, fragrant frizzled onions, the handheld nostalgia of grilled cheese and more.
4. Magnetic Capcatcher Bottle Opener ($39.80+): Your college days are over, and so is the time when bottle caps would end up all over the porch, front lawn, counter top and occasionally in the garbage bag or cup you designated for them. For the beer lovers, a magnetized bottle opener with underneath clear vinyl pouch is the perfect low-tech solution to a problem they really shouldn't even have at this age.
5. Gentleman’s Box ($25+): Can’t decide on just one gift? Put together a gentleman’s box. Just provide Gentleman’s Box with your groomsmen count, how much you want to spend on the gift and your desired theme (among other informative tidbits) and they’ll hook you up with some pretty standard pre-selected options (ties, lapels, etc.) Or you can provide suggestions for what you want to see in the box.
6. Original Grain ‘The Barrel’ Watch in Matte Black Steele ($189): You don’t need a Rolex to impress. A gorgeous mix of exotic sapele black wood and matte black stainless steel make this timepiece fashionable as heck. It’s adjustable to fit most wrist sizes and features scratch-resistant mineral crystal glass and a water-resistant build. Not a bad way to turn heads, eh?
7. Three Jerks Jerky Subscription ($28.49+/mo.): Three Jerks sets itself apart with lean, easy-to-chew and popular, filet mignon, which is not your everyday cut for jerky. And what better way to deliver beef-to-mouth service than by a subscription wherein the king of snacks shows up at their doorstep? Choose from the following flavors: Memphis BBQ, Chipotle Adobo, Hamburger, Original or Maple Bourbon Churro.
8. Tailor and Spruce ‘Top Drawer’ Grooming Kit ($129.99; 15 percent off for all new customers): Looking good and feeling good should be synonymous, so hook your grooming groomsmen up with Top Drawer. It features over 15 essentials like pomade, a natural horn comb with a leather sleeve, a lint roller, a sewing kit, a charcoal toothbrush and more.
9. O’Riginals Trading Co. Sterling 23 Sunglasses ($87-$107): Know what happens when steampunk chic gets paired with a lightweight, durable stainless steel build and high-quality polarized mineral glass lenses? Your groomsmen get the coolest damn conversation piece/sunglasses they’ve ever gotten their hands on.
10. Helle of Norway Nying Knife ($104): Sure this blade is short and stubby, but that says absolutely nothing about its sharpness. Because damn is it sharp. And its generously proportioned three-and-a-half inch handle ensures a firm grip with unparalleled dexterity. It comes in a distinctive leather sheath with a ‘keeper’ strap and pommel stud that, when engaged, keep your knife secure. Nordic styling and top-notch craftsmanship make this a must for your more outdoorsy groomsmen.
11. Wyoming Small Batch Bourbon Whiskey ($47): When all else fails, booze fits the bill. And what better to gift the men of the groom than a light and smooth, award-winning bourbon whiskey from the wide open plains of Wyoming? That’s right: an out-of-the-ordinary region for bourbon production for some out-of-the-ordinary awesome dudes.
- Click Below for More Galleries