Are you more interested in shooting God's creatures with a camera than a gun? Natural World Safaris is dedicated to getting you close to pretty much every amazing animal this planet has to offer. Here are some of their most enticing trips, ranging from the Arctic all the way to Antarctica, with stops at some warmer places in between.
1. Bond With Blue Whales: OK, you likely won’t actually make friends with them, but it’s still your chance to watch and even swim with the largest animal to have ever lived, measuring up to 100 feet and weighing 200 tons. Starting price: $7,247
2. Sperm Whale Swimming: If you feel like blue whales are a little excessive—seriously, 100 feet?—you may prefer sea creatures that generally run a far more modest 60. Starting price: $7,681
3. Mellow Out in Madagascar: This island broke off from Africa more than 165 million years ago, resulting in its own unique ecosystem. With an environment ranging from beach to forest to desert to volcano, you can ecncounter a world of birds, lizards, insects and mammals that will put the Ben Stiller animated film out of mind forever. Starting price: $7,427
4. Arctic Ballooning: As Natural World Safaris puts it: “More people have been to the moon than have hot air ballooned in the Arctic.” You can increase that number by one. Or two, if your significant other has been extremely nice. Starting price: You have to talk it through with them. (Again, more people have been to the moon.)
5. Pal Around With Polar Bears: Actually, don’t pal around with them—they’re quite lethal. However, by journeying on a ship designed for just 12 passengers, you can get extraordinarily close to the best of all bears. (No offense, grizzlies.) Climb aboard and finally get over your parents not taking you to the Country Bear Jamboree when you were five. Starting price: $8,177
6. Choose Your Own Adventure: Bespoke trips can also be arranged, where you say, “I have this much money and these people will be traveling with me: Now show us some Siberian tigers.” (Yep, they do Siberian tigers.) Or just settle for lions, with both the African and Asiatic versions available. Starting price: Varies widely, as you might imagine.