Mercedes-Benz has never been short on hot ideas—especially when it comes to stunning convertibles. Even so, the Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet concept is straight fire. Showcased at the recent Pebble Beach Concourse d’Elegance, it quickly became one of the most-buzzed-about rides at the prestigious California event. Here are five reasons why.
1. The Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet was designed as an electric car, capable of putting out 750 horsepower, with an electric driving range of over 200 miles.
2. Building on Mercedes’ longstanding appeal in the world of luxury, the Cabriolet’s interior has been crafted with details like rose gold trim elements, quilted crystal white nappa leather and a more contemporary spin on its classic instrument panel.
3. The Cabriolet’s infotainment system features an intuitive element that enables the driver to utilize the car’s in-vehicle concierge feature as if they’re simply talking to a friend, without having to rely on predefined voice commands.
4. Much more than just a powerful EV, the convertible also boasts a 0-60 time of under four seconds and a top speed electronically governed at 155 mph. That means the car is probably even faster than the speed noted.
5. Although, the Cabriolet is not currently being offered as a production car, it seems certain that many of the concept’s design and technology elements will be integrated into a new Mercedes in the near future. We can hardly wait.