So Carmelo Anthony and La La Vazquez have announced they’re calling it quits after seven years of marriage. The couple has been rocky for about a year—and TMZ now reports that Melo got a stripper pregnant. Oy. Here’s hoping La La bounces back soon. Because now that we think about it, she could make a great girlfriend. Let us count the reasons.
1. She’s pretty freaking hot. Not only does she look good in all of her social media snaps (witness the pics on these page), but keeps things classy. Did we mention she hangs with hotties like Gabrielle Union? Win-win.
2. She’s made her own cash. Don’t get us wrong, that professional basketball money is way more than she pulled in back in the day, but she wasn’t a straight up gold digger. La La was a successful VJ on MTV’s TRL when she met Carmelo years ago. She’s also in on the whole acting and modeling thing, too.
3. She’s not a pushover. Any woman would try to save her marriage if things got rocky—unless the guy, you know, got another woman pregnant. You have to give La La credit for peace-ing out at this point because she knew she deserved better.
4. She can commit. Even if there was trouble between her and Carmelo for a reported year, La La hid it well. She was always seen at his basketball games with their son in tow. She also wasn’t afraid to post pictures of her man on social media, a big sign a woman is loyal (and not creeping for other d**ks) these days.
5. She’ll have that Anthony money for years, so she won’t depend on you. The son they share together is only 10 years old. You know what that means: "18 years, 18 years," as Kanye West would say. She’ll be getting one hell of a divorce settlement and child support payment from the NBA star for at least eight more years. Photos: Instagram