No matter what stadium you visit these days, people are upping their tailgate game. Many have even taken this art to their own backyards... I know I have. Of course, elevating your home tailgate to unparalleled heights requires a lot of planning and some key gear. So grab a few (or all) of the items on the following pages and we guarantee your next party will be as fantastic as the team you support. Unless that team is the Jets. In which case the party will be much, much better.
1. Kicker Bullfrog BF400 Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker ($400): Every good tailgate party needs some tunes and there is no better way to listen them than through this rugged, waterproof 360-degree speaker. Equipped with Bluetooth range up to 100 feet and a 20-hour battery, it will, most likely, outlast you.
2. Yeti Tundra 65 ($400): Customize this spacious cooler with your favorite college team and then fill it up with all the ice, meats and beers that you’ll need. No need to worry about anything getting warm, Yeti over-delivers in that category and even keeps your beer cold in your hand with their customizable colsters.
3. Yakima Slim Shady Awning ($259): This low-key set-up will shelter you and the crew from the hot sun or surprising rains. Simply mount it to the base rack of your car, pull it out like a window shade and attach its two poles when you park.
4. Cameron’s Portable Beer Pong Table ($99): Everyone’s favorite drinking game just became lightweight and portable. This beer pong table made of cloth is only 16 pounds and folds up nicely to fit in your car. Once there, whip it out, insert Cameron’s Stainless Steel Party Cups and set out on the path to beer pong glory.
5. New Primal Marinades ($8): Combat those calories from your cocktails and kick up your meats with these marinades from New Primal. Whole30 approved and made with no added sugar, these sauces will keep you trim while you enjoy your favorite tailgate staples.
6. Biolite Base Lantern & XL Power Hub ($130): This smart grid not only offers lighting so your whole group can play beer pong when it’s dark, but you can also charge your phone and continue to play tunes under the lights until the party runs out.
7. NFL Team Cornhole Game Set ($250): Cornhole is so addicting, you can literally play for hours (which leads to a lot of beer consumption). Now you can play and show your team pride as you fire away all day on these tournament grade boards from the NFL Shop.
8. X-Grill Portable BBQ ($80): You can never have too many grills, can you? Sear your meat and support your team in style with this branded charcoal grill. Add some flare by complementing it with your team’s 3 Piece BBQ Set and you’ll instantly become an entertaining extraordinaire.
9. FlyLow Richie Hoodie ($130): The temps can be a little low if you plan on getting out early and staying late. Stay warm and comfortable with this technical hoodie. Ideal for layering over your team’s t-shirt and protecting you from the elements and beer spillage. It’s also got a retro look that will have you styling all game long.
10. Farm to Feet Fargo Socks ($21): There’s only a few things that can ruin a good tailgate, none more significant than cold, uncomfortable feet. Make sure this never happens with this incredible pair of socks. Soft material, lasting comfort and they’ll keep your feet warm if the temps drop as low as they do in the movie they are named for.
11. Zeal Optics Radium Sunglasses ($149): You can’t play beer pong with the sun in your eyes. Solve this horrible problem with the new Radium sunglasses. These plant-based frames and plant-based polarized lenses offer both protection and comfort so you’ll be knocking down cups all day long.
12. Rastaclat Team Bracelet ($15): Accessories are all the rage now and you can spread positive vibes for your team by complimenting your jersey with a Rastaclat bracelet. Available with NCAA team branding, these comfortable and cool bracelets will make you the talk of the tailgate.
13. Hydroflask My Hydro Bottle ($34 to $78): Customize your Hydroflask with your team’s colors and drink your beverage in style. Choose from 17 different colors and an array of bottle sizes and use your vacuum-sealed Hydroflask to keep your craft beer icy cold throughout the day.