As the McGregor/Mayweather fight approaches, it is difficult to watch Conor so successfully toy with Floyd and not recall the days when Ronda Rousey was doing the same. Of course, Mayweather didn't take the bait there, and I can't say that I blame him. I mean, outside of the fact that it'd be the first ever male/female bout (therefore as unimaginable as it is unlikely and ill-advised), she'd be a fierce competitor. Sure, she's had a fall from grace since those glory days, not once but twice; even so, you'd be foolhardy to think you can take her. She cleans up nicely, and looked good in the Entourage movie and her Fast & Furious installment, but I still wouldn't tangle. Here's a list of some others who could kick your ass...
1. Michelle Rodriguez While we're on the subject of the "Fast" films, Rousey's former co-star (and on-screen nemesis) Rodriguez is no one I would want to tussle with. From her big screen debut in Girlfight to raucous stints on ABC's Lost and the Vin Diesel franchise, there's something about her that seems to suggest, "This is pretty much me in real life, too." A headline-making DUI in Hawaii while shooting Lost practically confirmed it.
2. Laila Ali I mean, her last name is Ali. And she boxes. Do the math. Sure, she's hung up the gloves (for now) and has been making the reality TV rounds, most recently appearing on Arnold Schwarzenegger's much-maligned version of Celebrity Apprentice. After all, she's a knockout (pun intended). She also has a new cookbook out. It still doesn't mean you should greet her with "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" jokes.
3. Serena & Venus Williams squared, I wouldn't take either on tennis-wise, or in the parking lot afterwards. Managing to appear both flirty and ferocious simultaneously, but don't ogle at their signature muscular legs because there is also probably always a racket within reach.
4. Maria Sharapova While we're talking tennis, let's talk Sharapova. Right now you're probably thinking, "Her, I can take." She boasts none of the mass of her predecessors on this list, but she is ripped just the same. Plus the past few years have coughed up their fair share of hardships for the tennis star, costing her a sponsorship or two, thus probably making her fairly short-wicked. Lastly, she's got stamina on her side—do you?
5. Dallas Friday Just as badass—if not more so, wakeboarder star Friday also has something else not lost on most guys: a sexy name. Dallas Friday? C'mon, don't just mention her casually; everyone will be sure you're talking about a porn star. Ranked #1 in the world for five years straight, with a slew of victories to her credit (including the Malibu Open and World Cup), she is a lean, mean machine. My girl, Friday.
6. Jessie Graff For the past 11 years, Graff has been a stuntwoman. The black belt in Taekwondo also made a ton of noise by killing it on TV several times on American Ninja Warrior. In fact, in 2016 she became the first woman ever to finish the Stage 1 course at the Las Vegas national finals on the show. As for those stunts? Yeah, check her out in X-Men: First Class or Sons of Anarchy. Not exactly covering for Sheldon doing a pratfall on The Big Bang Theory.
7. Misty Copeland I know what you're thinking: "A ballerina? A ballerina, I can take!" Even if you could, I still wouldn't wanna go a round or two with this tough, taut and tenacious history-making ballet dancer. She went from living in a motel, fighting for a spot to sleep on the floor with her five siblings, to performing professionally within a year of taking up dance. Laser focused, Copeland's got the grace to bust your face.
8. Danica Patrick On the track or off, Patrick is fearless. Her win in the 2008 Indy Japan 300 is the only women's victory in an IndyCar Series race, and her third place the following year at the Indianapolis 500 is the highest finish there ever by a woman. She's basically the gal who would beat Ricky Bobby in Talladega, only to later bust his arm and bed him down.
9. Chantae McMillan Go ahead—I dare you to talk junk to Chantae. She's an American heptathlete. I don't even know what that is. I do know that her abs are impossibly ripped and I can spend a good long time on her Instagram page. She is one of six athletes to be featured on the 2015 cover of ESPN's famous Body Issue. Know what she doesn't have? Body issues.
1o. Snooki Oh hell no. I only needed to watch one episode of Jersey Shore to find out that I didn't want to mess with Snooki. Or any of the girls in the house. I'd sooner fight "The Situation." Now a mom since being on the reality TV hit, the woman who once pounced on two WWE fighters mid-fight now prefers to be called by her given name, Nicole Polizzi. Don't—I repeat DON'T—call her Snooki.