10 1st Date Ideas: Denver
Anywhere you live, if you have a first date, you're bound to be nervous and will probably consider more than 10 1st date ideas: Denver in just the first hour after you've gotten an official "yes." It can be especially difficult to come up with a good first date plan if you live in a smaller town, but living in Denver offers many choices!
- Of course, you can always be safe and take a date to a nightclub for your first date. Nightclubs are always a safe option when it comes to dates, as they take some of the pressure off. There are a number of different nightclubs to choose from in Denver, and you'll be able to find some that are for the over 21 crowd and some that will allow patrons under the age of 21. Not to mention you can drag your date to the dancefloor and show off your great dance moves!
- If you're going on your first date during the daytime, the Denver Zoo can be a perfect choice. No matter how old you are, it's always fun to see monkeys doing stupid things and 'monkeying' around. Better yet, there won't be any uncomfortable silences on this first date!
- Another fun first date idea is the Denver Art Museum. If you or your date are into creative, artistic things, then this is the perfect choice, and it also takes off the pressure of having to keep a conversation rolling. You will be able to speak here and there to each other, but since it's a gallery, you won't be forced to sit across from each other and talk continuously.
- If you're a multi-millionaire, you could always whisk your date off in your private jet and take her to Venice for a gondola ride, but for the rest of us in Denver, you'll probably be just as happy if you have your first date at Venice on the Creek. The two of you can enjoy a gondola ride on Cherry Creek, and take in the peaceful scenery and setting. It's suggested that you take your date in the evening and time it so you can enjoy sunset.
- If your date would enjoy something that's intellectually stimulating, consider the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. The museum has exhibits that are constantly changing, so there's always something new to see if you've been there before. There are also fun, interactive exhibits that will give the two of you a chance to "play" together, which is something that will offer some good light-hearted fun.
- For a nice, relaxing first date, consider Washington Park. There are plenty of things to take in and talk about, including homes that are over a century old and beautiful landscaping, and of course, there's plenty of people watching to do, which always makes for fun conversation.
- Make sure to check first, but if your date is into sports, Denver is home to plenty of sports teams. No matter what time of year it is, you'll probably be able to find a game going on, such as football, basketball, hockey, or baseball. Just make sure your date enjoys sports so that you don't get any "fouls."
- Of course, dinner is always a good option. Denver is host to many great restaurants, so all you need to do is pick the spot. Visit the Vesta Dipping Grill, where you and your date can enjoy really unique architecture, take in the steel sculptures, and enjoy the fun, exotic dishes on their menu, like their Chinese BBQ Pork Belly.
- What's better on a first date than dinner and movie? After you chow down at a great restaurant, visit one of the many movie theaters that Denver has and catch a good flick, like at the Mayan theater on Broadway or the Northfield 18 on Northfield Blvd.
- If you want to have a first date somewhere with some live entertainment, consider the Crossroads Theatre on the Rail, which brings in great local acts on every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Whether you're into jazz, rock, dancing the Mambo, or want to see some live performance theatre, there's just about something for everyone on their calendar.