10 1st Date Ideas
A first date can be the start of something great so get it right with these 10 first date ideas. Hopefully these tips will help you get started. If you put in some effort and plan for a fun first date, you will probably get a second and a third date. These date ideas should get you through the first month or two of dating.
- Dinner. You can learn a lot about someone by what and how they eat. For a first date, go to a restaurant, a girl may not be ready to come to your house on a first date. Try a place neither one of you has gone to before, so you can share a new experience.
- Poetry reading. Go to a spoken word night at a local spot. Afterwards, grab a drink and talk about the pieces you liked the best, this should be a great way to start a dialogue.
- Wine tasting. Hire a limo to take you and your date to several wineries. Make sure you go to dinner first, so no one gets too wasted. Having a limo means no one has to worry about getting a DUI on the first date.
- Take a lesson. Whether it’s cooking, or crafting, set up a private lesson for you and your date. Since you will be doing something with your hands it will eliminate some first date jitters. Interacting with the instructor can break up the tension of a first date.
- Museums. Check to see if there are any local museums with a special exhibit. Walking around and looking at art on your first date gives you an idea of your date’s taste. You automatically have something to talk about.
- Dog Park. If you have a dog, take it to a local dog park. This is a great way to find out if your date is compatible with your dog. You can also figure out how she handles challenging situations.
- Movies. A movie is a great choice for a first date because you get to sit and chill, then you automatically have something to talk about for the rest of the night. Pick a scary movie, and your date will probably want to cuddle into your arms when it gets scary.
- Walk. Go for a walk on a local path, or near a lake. Make sure you pick a well-traveled area, so your date will not feel uncomfortable if she's not ready to be alone with you. Also, let her know what you’re doing, so she wears the right shoes.
- Street Fair. Check out your local paper or radio station websites for any local fairs. Walking through a fair and looking at the vendors at each booth gives you a chance to learn about your date's tastes during the first date.
- Lady’s Choice. If you let your lady pick out what you’re going to do for the first date, then you know she will be in a great mood.
Now that you have ten great ideas for a first date, call that hot girl up and set up a date. Get out there and have some fun.