10 5 Pin Bowling Tips
If you would like to get into 5 pin bowling, then you probably could use 10 5 pin bowling techniques. Following these ten tips will ensure that you are not only playing your best, but also that you are practicing good five pin bowling habits.
- Pick a bowling ball for your five pin bowling game that feels good on you. If you are planning on getting serious with your five pin bowling game you will eventually want to pick up your own ball to keep with you, be sure to try out as many different ones as you can and just pick which one feels the best on your fingers.
- Always keep your head up before, during, and after the toss. This will ensure that you don’t mess up in your five pin bowling game and that the ball goes exactly where you aim it.
- Keep a firm grip on the ball you’re using for your five pin bowling game. One of the most embarrassing and dangerous things that can happen is losing the ball on the back swing so keep that ball firm in your hand, but don’t hurt yourself by holding it to tight.
- Have your feet and legs facing the five pins. By keeping your feet and legs facing the pins, you won’t have any distribution of the force in your body and that will allow you to not only have the optimum power in your shots but also the optimum control.
- When doing your backswing, be sure to keep your wrists locked. Keeping the wrists locked will not only help prevent you from losing the ball but it will also keep you from losing any of the power in your arms that you need for the toss.
- Learn your own personal curve and learn how to exploit it in five pin bowling. Many people have a natural curve in their arms or when they throw the ball. For example, if you are right handed the ball will most likely go to the left so you may want to reposition your body more towards the right side of the lane.
- Fully extend your arm when doing your toss in five pin bowling. By doing so, the ball will go down where you aim it with little to no unplanned movement and with as much power as you put into it.
- Know the basics of five pin bowling. The main objective is of course the same, to knock down all of the pins, but there is one major difference between ten and five pin bowling. This difference is that the ball has no finger holes and can be held directly in the bowlers hand.
- Always wear bowling shoes when playing a game of five pin bowling. Bowling shoes are essential to a good game because they allow you to have optimal grip on the lane which will prevent falls and also keep you in control without sliding.
- If you are very serious about a good game, do some training exercise at home. The best type of exercise you can do is to focus on your form but just doing it over and over until you can get it perfect at least a few times in a row.
Posted on: Jan. 30, 2011