10 5th Anniversary Gift Ideas
These 10 5th anniversary gift ideas celebrate the traditional gift for married years and also add a bit of flash to the traditional gift giving. Wood is the traditional gift for couples celebrating their fifth anniversary and stores offer a number of gifts made from wood. Who decides that wood is the traditional gift? Good question. It's traditional because it's always been done that way. Wood, philosophically, is used to designate the firm footing a marriage of five years should have.
- Wooden mail box. If the couple lives in an area where the US mail is delivered to a street mailbox or the house has a place for a mailbox on the door or side of the house, a nice mail box makes for an interesting anniversary gift. If you'd like to give this gift but are unsure if your box pick matching the architectural design of the house, take a photo of the couple's house and ask a designer for some tips in selecting the fifth anniversary wooden mailbox.
- Wooden bookends. For a couple who enjoy good books and have a library of volumes, bookends may be the perfect fifth anniversary gift. Wooden bookends come in all shapes and sizes. Select a pair of wooden ends that you think fit the couple's taste.
- Wooden bowls. Cooking couples might enjoy a set of wooden bowls to use in their kitchen. A large serving bowl and several small matching wood bowls may be the right choice for a couple who enjoy gourmet dining.
- Wooden clock. A wooden clock, either new or antique, is a lifetime anniversary gift and a wooden clock serves as a special gift for the couple's fifth anniversary. Add a brass, gold or silver plaque to the back or interior to commemorate the event.
- Wooden keepsake box. A handcrafted wooden keepsake box suitable for display marks the fifth anniversary and also is a space to hold treasures, such as jewelry or important paperwork.
- Wood sculpture. Hire an artist to create a special wooden sculpture in honor of the couple. Local artists may require to know a bit about the couple to make sure the piece of art fits the special occasion, but a general sculpture purchased for the event is also acceptable.
- Wooden photograph frame. Photographs of the couple placed into a frame that includes a montage of images makes for an interesting fifth anniversary gift. A large 8X10 inch solo frame may fit the couple's taste better than a larger frame with multiple images.
- Landscaping tree. A tree is a perfect anniversary gift for a couple who has everything, but may have a new house or a house without much landscaping. Select a tree that will grow well in the environment. Nurseries are a good place to find information about tree choices, as well as an opinion about trees that will thrive in the couple's climate. Trees can also be sent long distance, similar to flower deliveries.
- Set of wooden kitchen utensils. Another fifth anniversary gift idea for a couple who cooks, includes a collection of wooden kitchen cooking utensils. Spoons are an essential, but other wooden utensils include spatulas, rolling pins and wooden forks.
- Engraved wooden closet hangers. A fine set of wooden hangers, suitable for suits or coats, is a fine anniversary gift that will keep giving over the years. For a special touch, have the company brand the couple's name or wedding date on the hangers.