If you're looking to make your wardrobe a little more groovy, use these 10 60's fashion trends. When you ask someone what they remember about the 60's, they will mention Woodstock or the Vietnam war. Fashion is one of the last things people would bring up, but the 60's created most of the trends we still wear today. Here are ten 60's fashion trends you may or may not remember.
- Mini-skirt. The 60's taught us one thing, and that is too much skin is never enough. With the introduction of mini-skirts, women were allowed to show off more than just their ankles, becoming a fashion trend we still wear today.
- Hats and gloves. Forget about being proper. The 60's tossed hats and gloves to the side, replacing them with peace sign necklaces.
- Vinyl. Not only did they enjoy listening to it, but they enjoyed wearing it. Space-aged fashion statements became the trend, most popular was vinyl.
- Hot pants. She wears short shorts. Later renamed Daisy Dukes, the 60's originally created the short shorts fashion trend.
- Beehive. Not a fashion statement you see anymore, but the women were known for beehive hair styles. Females would pile their hair on top of their head to resemble a beehive, earning the style its name.
- Prints and colors. Solid colors were strictly for business use while the everyday person enjoyed flaunting floral, and abstracts. Tie-Dye became extremely popular, as well as Hawaiian-style shirts.
- Bellbottoms. Many people assume bellbottom pants came out in the 70's, but they were first introduced a decade earlier. Elvis and Cher both had a hand in bellbottoms becoming popular fashion trend.
- Platform Shoes. Like Bellbottoms, the disco era is believed to have created platform shoes. However, the 60's first introduced platforms. For women, the most common type of platform shoes were made of leather.
- Pantyhose. For decades woman were forced to hide those legs, but with the mini-skirt, women were more open to exposing their legs. Invented in the 60's, women found they gave a slimmer, tanner look to their legs, and gave pantyhose their popularity.
- Bikinis. It was common to show off skin in the 60's, and swimming was no different. Out the door were the one piece swimsuits when the first bikini was introduced.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.