10 '80s Party Ideas
To get ten 80's party ideas, you must recapture the era from it's music to its clothing that signifies the cool, crazy decade of the 20th century. If you plan to entertain your guests with hours of fun, read on things you should do to get your 1980's party started.
- Pick your sub theme. For a 80's party ideas, use your creativity and think about the type of party you want. Is it a general theme party? Or do you want reenact a hit 80's TV show, music video or movie? Know what you want so you get everything accordingly.
- Send out invites. Mail invites to your guests of your 80's theme party. You can set your invitation with 80's sayings including font styles.
- Buy decorations. To set the mood of the 80's, use decorations similar to the theme. Hang posters of musical icons of the 80's on your wall, or set up each table with the classic 80's toys or gadgets like the Rubik cube or Pac-man. You can also have loud bright colors to represent the 80's.
- Have music. What is a party without music that everyone can dance to? Pick a list of 80's music from the popular artists of its time and if you really want a throwback, use a stereo with a cassette tape.
- Wear 80's clothes. Every guest should dress 80's style and wear loud and bright clothing. Big hair was the 'it' thing of the 80's and both men and women should wear it, or a Mohawk for a punk rock look.
- Play games. Entertain your guest with 80's games such as Pac-Man, Operation, Super Mario Bros., trivia 80's games or, pin-up games of a 80's icon.
- Have a contest. Your guest has warped back in the 80's with their style, but do they know or remember any cool facts of the decade? Challenge them with trivia facts of 80's TV shows, music, movies, games, world events and cool sayings that represent that time. Or a dance contest to see who can do the best Thriller moves. Reward winners with cool prizes, it can be Corey Hart black sunglasses or a Cyndi Lauper CD.
- Watch 80's movies. There are so many blockbuster films to choose that was great. The Breakfast Club, Purple Rain, the Gremlins, or Risky Business.
- Serve food. Food choices really don’t matter, you can serve appetizers and main dishes can be chicken wings or shrimp. If you want to become humorous, have hot dogs with Grey Poupon mustard on it.
- Serve drinks. People were on a serious health journey in beginning part of the 80's thanks to Jane Fonda so serve diet sodas or if you want to have fun, drink alcoholic cocktail drinks, or fruit punch will be a great idea too.