Curious about 10 actors who smoke in movies? Smoking in movies is a common occurrence, and numerous actors smoke on-screen whether they do in real life or not. Many organizations insist that actors who smoke in movies can influence viewers to pick up the habit. Here is a list of ten popular actors who smoke in movies.
Clive Owen: Clive Owen is known for his smoking roles in five well-known films, "Children of Men", "Closer", "Derailed", "Inside Man" and "Sin City". All of these movies carry an R rating.
- Vince Vaughn: Famous funny-man Vince Vaughn has smoked in about 50 percent of his roles, including the R rated "Anchorman". Other smoking roles include "Be Cool", "The Break-Up", "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" and "Starsky & Hutch", all rated PG-13.
Ben Affleck: Ben Affleck has four recent roles in which he has been a smoker, including "Hollywoodland" and "Smokin’ Aces", both rated R. The other two roles include "Jersey Girl" and "Paycheck", rated PG-13.
- Alec Baldwin: One of the famous Baldwin brothers, Alec Baldwin, has a history of smoking in his roles more often than not. His smoking roles comprise of "The Good Shepherd" and "Running with Scissors", both rated R, and "The Aviator" and "Fun with Dick and Jane", both rated PG-13.
- Samuel L. Jackson: Samuel L. Jackson, known for his serious demeanor, has more non-smoking roles than roles where he sports a cigarette. His list of smoking roles does include four well-known flicks, including "Black Snake Moan", "Twisted" and "Kill Bill, Vol. 2", all rated R. In the film "1408", which is rated PG-13, Jackson also plays a smoker.
Jude Law: Actor Jude Law, known for his controversial love life, runs the gamut at about 50-50 for his smoking roles, including "Alfie" and "Closer", both rated R, and "All the King’s Men" and "The Aviator", both rated PG-13.
Christopher Walken: Christopher Walken has four roles that include him as a smoker, including "Wedding Crashers", rated R, and "Balls of Fury" and "Man of the Year", both rated PG-13. One of the few rated PG movies that herald a smoker is the flick "Hairspray".
- Will Ferrell: Lovable Will Ferrell has a low smoking-in-films-ratio, but does appear in "Anchorman", rated R, and "Bewitched" and "Starsky & Hutch", rated PG-13, as a smoker.
Jamie Foxx: Jamie Foxx’s more daring roles include him as a smoker, including rated R "Jarhead" and "Dreamgirls" and "Ray", both rated PG-13.
- Keira Knightley: Although women play smoking roles less often than men, it is notable when they do. Keira Knightley has held three rated R roles as a smoker: "Atonement", "Domino" and "The Jacket".
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.