These 10 actresses that died young left a lasting mark on Hollywood in their brief careers. When an actor or actress dies young many people not only feel shocked but also saddened by the loss of someone who had so much potential and not enough time to reach it. There are many different reasons that those in show business die young including disease, murder, drugs, and other unfortunate reasons.
- Heather O'Rourke. Heather O'Rourke was born December 27, 1975 and passed away on February 1, 1988. Her death was due to cardiopulmonary arrest and intestinal stenosis. She was known for her movie role in "Poltergeist I, II, and III", and her television role in "Happy Days".
- Anissa Jones. Anissa Jones was born March 11, 1958 and died on August 28, 1976. It was determined that she died of a drug overdose. Anissa played Buffy on "Family Affair" from 1966 to 1971 and was being considered for the main role in "Pretty Baby" before her death.
- Rebecca Schaeffer. Rebecca Schaeffer was born November 6, 1967 and was murdered on July 18, 1989. She was murdered by John Robert Bardo at her home after signing an autograph for him. Her career was just beginning to take off because of her popular role as Patti on "My Sister Sam" and she was to have auditioned for a role in "The Godfather: III" the day of her murder.
- Dominique Dunne. Dominique Dunne was born November 23, 1959 and passed away on November 4, 1982. Dominique was strangled to death by her ex-boyfriend, John Thomas Sweeney, on October 30, 1982 after breaking up with him earlier that day. Although Dominique was best known for her role as the older sister in Poltergeist she was beginning to be seen more on television.
- Jean Harlow. Jean Harlow, who was considered one of the first Hollywood sex symbols, was born on March 3, 1911 and died from uremic poisoning on June 7, 1937. Her first feature film was "Hell's Angels" in 1930 and was followed up by at least seven other popular films including "Saratoga" which she was starring in when she passed away.
- Aaliyah. Aaliyah was born January 16, 1979 and was killed in a plane crash on August 25, 2001. Aaliyah Dana Haughton was both an actress and an R&B singer. Her first movie "Romeo Must Die" was released in 2000 while her second, and last movie "Queen of the Damned" was released after her death in 2002.
- Sharon Tate. On August 9, 1969 the world was shocked to learn that Sharon Tate, who was born January 24, 1943, had been murdered at her home. Sharon was pregnant with her first child, who also died, when Charles Manson and the Manson Family broke into her home and murdered her and four others that were staying at the house.
- Judith Barsi. Judith Barsi was born on June 6, 1978 and was murdered by her father on July 25, 1988. Although Judith was young she had been on many television shows and had done voice work on "The Land Before Time" and "All Dogs Go to Heaven". It had been reported that her father had threatened to kill both Judith and her mother but because there were no charges pressed the tragedy was unable to be stopped.
- Brittany Murphy. Brittany Murphy was born November 10, 1977 and passed away December 20, 2009. The official cause of death was pneumonia, anemia, and drug intoxication. Brittany's first major movie role was in "Clueless" and she had three movies in post production at the time of her death.
- Tara Correa-McMullen. Tara Correa-McMullen, also known as Tara Correa, was born May 24, 1989 and was killed in a drive-by shooting on October 21, 2005. Tara had a role on the television series "Judging Amy" and had just finished filming "Rebound" before her death
These ten actresses that died young will be missed by not only there friends and families but also my their many fans. Even though their movies allow them to never be forgotten there is always the question of what they could have done, given more time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.