10 Affordable Sports Cars
Most of us would love to cruise around in a fancy sports car such as a Lamborghini Murcielago but with those cars cost a lot of money but there are 10 affordable sports cars. These cars may not be a Lamborghini Murcielago but they are still a lot of fun to drive. If you want a cool sports car and catch the womens eyes then you need to consider buying one of these 10 affordable sports cars. Make sure to check out these sports videos as well!
- Mazda RX-8. The Mazda RX-8 is the follow up car to the wildly successful Mazda RX-7. The Mazda RX-8 allowed Mazda to revive the rotary engine. The RX-8 is a true sports car yet you can fit four adults inside. The Mazda RX-8 is one of 10 affordable sports cars that are highly recommended.
Mazda Miata. The Mazda Miata burst onto the car scene twenty years ago and sales of this affordable sports car are still strong. The 2010 Mazda Miata comes with either a soft top or a retractable hard top. You can pull around 167 Horsepower from the little four cylinder engine. This light weight sports car gets great gas mileage.
- Mitsubishi Eclipse. This car keeps getting better each year. Many people preferred the older styling of the Eclipse but it had got pretty dated. The new Eclipse is beautiful and reminiscent of the older style yet modern in its own way. The Mitsubishi Eclipse gets great gas mileage and is very affordable.
- Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Hyundai is not normally a brand you associate with Sports cars but that is rapidly changing. Hyundai had worked hard to bring fast cars to the street racing scenes and now you can get involved with an affordable sports car from Hyundai. The Hyundai Genesis Coupe with the 3.8 liter V6 engine can go from 0-60 mph in less than 6 seconds. This car is not only fast but also very affordable and you should also get over 20 mpg.
- Ford Mustang. The long standing favorite sports car of many people is a mainstay in the affordable sports car line-up. You can get a base model of the 2011 Ford Mustang for just over $22,000. The Ford Mustang is an iconic vehicle of America and are very affordable. You can easily upgrade any parts on this vehicle as there are so many after market suppliers.
- Chevrolet Camaro. The starting price of the 2011 Chevy Camaro is also just over $22,000 yet it looks like a more expensive car. The Chevy Camaro is fast and the looks can not be beat. If you want some modern American muscle that is affordable take a Camaro for a test ride.
Dodge Challenger. The new Dodge Challenger is a totally modern car yet has the look and appeal of the classic Challenger from the early '70s. The Dodge Challenger is also one of 10 affordable sports cars with a starting price of under $23,000. The new Dodge Challenger looks similar to the original Challenger.
- Honda CR-Z. The base model of the Honda CR-Z retails for under $20,000. The CR-Z comes loaded on the base model with all types of goodies to enhance your driving including MacPherson struts and cruise control. The Honda CR-Z is a sports car hybrid vehicle that comes with a six speed manual shifter.
- Volkswagen GTI. This car can go 0-60 in less then seven seconds. It is very adept and street racing or you can just cruise around town. The cost of this car is very affordable but the base model will cost more then the base model for a Dodge Challenger or Ford Mustang. The base model however, still has 300 horsepower.
- Kia Forte Koup. The Forte Koup is often compared to the Mitsubishi Mirage. The Kia name is has historically been associated with inexpensive cars but the Kia Forte Koup is a true sports car. For less than $20,000 you can buy a nicely decked out Forte Koup that includes all the standard goodies including air-conditioning.