10 Affordable Weekend Getaways
Want to know 10 affordable weekend getaways? Getting away for an affordable weekend getaway to rest and rejuvenate, without spending a fortune, does not have to be dull and boring. Are you looking for adventure, culture, relaxing, or a romantic getaway? Take a look at these suggestions and plan your getaway for a fun weekend without breaking the bank.
- Camping in a nearby campground, park, lake, or beach is a great way to spend an inexpensive, affordable getaway weekend. Explore the nature trails, biking paths, lake fishing, and water sports. The Deer Lake State Park has a rare fresh-water coastal lake with many activities. Deer Lake State Park: 357 Main Park Road, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
- B&B’s have competitive or cheaper rates than resorts. The B&B may have meals included to help keep the cost down. B&B’s are usually family-owned and you receive personalized service. There are many types of B&B’s like The Deer Run Ranch that is a working alfalfa ranch nestled in the Sierra foothills. Deer Run Ranch: 5440 Eastlake Boulevard, Carson City, NV 89704
- Explore the quaint town nearby that you were always going to visit but never had the time. The local artisans may have their work displayed in boutique shops. The town may have a farmer’s market, museum, lake, or other places to explore for an affordable getaway weekend. Perhaps you want to relax and enjoy wine tasting in the Napa Valley. Napa: 1285 Napa Town Center Napa, CA 94559
- Check into a hotel for one night. Enjoy the amenities of the hotel and ask if they have discount rates. Hotels that cater to the business traveler usually have cheaper rates on the weekends and may be a very affordable getaway weekend.
- Stay at home, turn off the telephone and computer, lock the doors, and have a picnic on the floor in front of the fireplace after the sun goes down. Wine and cheese, with a loaf of French bread, in front of the fireplace is relaxing and romantic. With a little imagination, staying at home is a relaxing affordable getaway weekend.
- Rent a cabin and enjoy the tranquility and quiet as you sit on your front porch watching the wildlife scamper around in the woodlands. Cabins that are for rent are in a wide variety of locations. The Smoky Mountains Tennessee, Poconos Pennsylvania, and Big Bear California are just a few locations where you can rent cabins.
- Hotel packages or air and hotel packages are usually less expensive than purchasing each item individually. The packages may include sightseeing, a show, dinner, or other activities. For a package to be a good deal, it has to include items that you will use. It is not a good deal if you give away, or throw away, the unused tickets.
- Pick a destination like Boston, Chicago, New York, or a large town near you that has an abundance of lights and decorations. Visit a museum, go to see a play, have brunch or lunch in a restaurant that has lush holiday decorations, spend an afternoon shopping. Hotels usually have some good deals during the holidays.
- Vacationing in the off-season is much less expensive than traveling during the peak season. Going to the beach in the winter, taking a Caribbean cruise in July and August, going to the lake in the winter and fall will be more affordable than going during the busy season.
- If you have a friend or relative that lives in another city, swap houses for the weekend. You will both have a chance to explore a new town and the costs of the trip have been drastically reduced especially if you can drive to the house where you will be staying.