If you have fallen into the dating rut of dinner and a movie here are 10 afternoon date ideas in Philadelphia that promise to deliver. Philadelphia has so much more to offer your typical dinner and a movie date night. If you are fortunate enough to live in this city take advantage of all it has to offer and enjoy some of these afternoon date ideas.
- Check out Philadelphia museums. Whether you are into art, history, science, medical abnormalities or insects, there is sure to be a museum just right for you. Call ahead or check the web, many have discounted days or free entrance.
- Don't forget the zoo. Philly has a wonderful zoo. Pick a great Spring afternoon to stroll through the zoo. Enjoy the fuzzy animals, beautiful weather, and each other.
- Adventure Aquarium is another afternoon date idea in Philadelphia. Take a fairy over the island Adventure Aquarium sits on and then spend the rest of the afternoon getting face to face with life under the sea. The Adventure Aquarium has an amazing 40 foot glass walk way where you can safely surround yourself with sharks.
- Longwood Gardens make for a relaxing afternoon date in Philly. The garden is home to over 11,000 different plants. Be sure to come back through the year to check out the changes in the Longwood Gardens through the seasons.
- Franklin Square is open April through December. Pick a sunny afternoon and head out for a game of putt-putt golf or a ride on the carousel. Take a picnic lunch to enjoy in the park or grab a hamburger at a classic burger shack, “SquareBurger.”
- Check out the Bryn Athyn Cathedral. The stone cathedral showcases beautiful archways, stained glass, and hand carved woodwork. Call ahead for daily tour times.
- Linvilla Orchards allows you to pick your own fresh fruit straight from the tree or bush. You and also spend your afternoon date in Philadelphia visiting with the farm animals or fishing at the Orchard Lake. Linvilla Orchards covers over 300 acres and is one of the last working Delaware County.
- The Shofuso is a Japanese House and Garden in Fairmount Park. Explore the beauty of this Japanese landscaping inspired garden. Make a day of it and head to your favorite Sushi Bar for lunch.
- Philadelphia has many farmers markets to visit. This is a great way to pick up farm fresh locally grown fruits and veggies to create a delicious salad or stir fry for lunch. Talk to the different venders to get fresh ideas for a new meal or ask tips on how to prepare a vegetable you are not sure of.
- Do you like sailing? The American Sailing Tours offer afternoon sails of the Delaware River. Enjoy the sun while learning a little bit about the Philadelphia maritime history.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.