10 American River River Rafting Tips
With these 10 American river rafting tips, anyone can enjoy the day rafting without having to worry about a thing. American river rafting is a great adventure for people of all ages as long as safety is taken seriously, so we’ve compiled a list of the most important American river rafting tips to consider.
- Always Wear Life Jackets. They are important just about any time you hit the water, especially when in boats or river rafts. Wearing a life jacket can be the single most important thing you can do to stay safe on an American river rafting trip no matter what river you choose to travel.
- Don’t Forget Plenty of Water. No one wants to get too thirsty and have to resort to drinking river water. Almost as important as life jackets, this American river rafting tip can help save lives- don’t be caught without enough drinking water.
- Anyone Remember the Rain Gear? Even if the day looks like the sky has never seen a drop of rain, it’s important to think ahead and make sure you’re covered. A light poncho can really make the difference between a fun adventure, or a depressing trip.
- This Isn’t the Time to Lose the First Aid Kit. Accidents happen and that’s certainly true when rafting which makes this just as important of an American river rafting tip as any other. After all, how else will you bandage that scraped finger?
- Never Wear Cotton. It soaks up water like a towel and doesn’t do a good job of drying off too quickly. This is really uncomfortable while trying to enjoy an adventure, so this American river rafting tip shouldn’t be overlooked.
- Do Wear a Wet Suit. Otherwise you might find yourself too cold to bear the water! Even when the water seems warm, a short wet suit (which should be provided if you are using a tour guide) can make all the difference.
- First Timers Should Go Short. This American river rafting tip might sound silly because to most people a river is a river, but if it’s your first time try a short trip to make sure it’s something you’re comfortable with. You can’t turn back once you take off so changing your mind during a long river rafting trip isn’t an option.
- Lather Up With Sun Block! Sure, it seems a given but the truth is most people overlook this necessity due to the wet suits. Unless you want to end up looking like the bright red fish found swimming in the river you’re rafting, heed this important American river rafting tip.
- Bring Extra Clothes and Shoes. If you forget them at home, you’ll be miserable after the trip so don’t make the mistake of leaving the extra comforts behind. You’ll need them!
- Don’t Forget the Disposable or Waterproof Camera. It might be because of the water aspect, but lots of river rafting adventurers end up forgetting their cameras. Make sure you don’t make the same mistake because the picture opportunities are limitless on the river.