If you've ever turned to music to mend your wounded heart then you probably already know these 10 angry breakup songs. We've picked this list of favorite angry breakup songs to share with you. Did someone just break your heart? Well it's time to start a new playlist! Here is what we feel are the best 10 angry breakup songs to help you blow off some steam and plot your revenge.
- "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette. This just screams number one. It pretty much screams every lyric as well. Talk about an angry breakup song; the old girl really wants this guy to hurt, no matter how happy she claims to be for him and his new chick. I wonder how Ryan Reynolds made out with her?
- "Scars" by Papa Roach. What starts out sounding like a heartfelt ballad soon takes a furious turn into bleeding throat screaming. Leave it to the ever-wounded Jacobi of Papa Roach to belt out one the most angry breakup songs on mainstream radio today.
- "Dammit" by Blink 182. Ain't no heartache like being jilted by teenage lovers. "Did you hear? He f**ked her!" Ouch! Now that's an angry breakup song.
- "Used To Love Her" by Guns N' Roses. Talk about angry! Breakup songs don't get more furious than killing your chick and burying her in the back yard.
- "Shame" by Stabbing Westward. Now what wasn't an angry breakup song out of these dudes? But still, they produced some kick-ass tunes. Stabbing Westward was emo before it's time.
- "Love Stinks" by The J. Geils Band. Even if it's not necessarily angry, other breakup songs have a hard time standing up to this anthem of the broken hearted. Even happy couples sing along to this classic. Yeah… yeah… love stinks!
- "The Break Up Song" by Greg Kihn. A breakup song about breakup songs named after a breakup song. They just don't write 'em like that anymore. And it has a snappy beat that you can dance to!
- "Call Me When You're Sober" by Evanescence. Now what guy hasn't heard this from a pissed-off girlfriend?
- "You Got Lucky" by Tom Petty. Nothing like sticking it to your ex and letting her know what she lost. Only Tom Petty can so gently and melodically relay such a harsh message.
- "Can't Stand Losing You" by The Police. Pathetic, desperate, angry. Breakup songs like this cover all the angles, and The Police nailed the whole needy stalker stereotype with this classic jilted-lover hit.
Well, there you go. The best 10 angry breakup songs to get you on your way to a speedy, musically-therapeutic emotional recovery. Feeling better already, aren't you?
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …