It doesn't matter how good you're feeling, if you listen to one of these 10 angry rap songs, you will be guaranteed to get in a bad mood and be ready to tear something up. Rap has gone from the concrete blocks of the Bronx to the red-and-blue-checkered streets of South Central, on to the suburbs and finally the entire world. No matter where you find it, there is one thing that remains the same. It's angry. Don't think so? Check this list… Check it, damnitt!
- "Drop the World" – Lil Wayne ft. Eminem. Not so much anger as it is pure anarchy. They are both spitting at staccato rhythm and sound like they are ready to destroy civilization. Plus the title in itself is angry enough. “Pick the world up and drop it your on f*****g head!"
- "Fight the Power" – Public Enemy. “Elvis was a hero to most but he never meant shit to me, he’s straight up racist the sucka was simple and plain, muthaf**k him and John Wayne.” Yeah, dumping on two of America’s Icons definitely puts you on this list.
- "F**k The Police" – N.W.A. “F**k the Police coming straight from the underground. A young nigga got it bad ‘cause I’m brown.” "A young nigga on the warpath and when I’m finished, it’s gonna be a bloodbath…” Yep, sounds pretty damn angry. These rappers put the "A" in anger and brought the frustration of South Central L.A. to the masses.
- "Ante Up" – M.O.P One of the hypest songs you might ever hear. ”Ante up, jack that fool. Ante up, kidnap that fool. It’s the perfect timing you see that man shining, get up off them goddamn diamonds. Get em’, hit’em”
- "Deep Cover/187" – Dr. Dre & Snoop. This is the song that introduced Snoop Dogg to the world. “Yeah and you don’t stop. It’s 187 on an undercover cop.” Talking about killing cops is always good way to get noticed as an angry rap song.
- "The Message" – Grand master Flash. “Don’t push me, ‘cause I’m close to the edge. I’m trying not to lose my head.” One of the first rap songs to speak to the social situations of the urban streets. It laid the groundwork for gritty ghetto tales from the likes of Boogie Down Productions, Public Enemy, N.W.A., Eminem, and others.
- "Party Up (Y’all Gonna Make Me Lose My Mind)" – DMX. The man is one of the angriest rappers ever. Something about this song just made people want to act a fool. Fights, brawls and straight bums’s rushes would just jump off out of nowhere when this song was heard banging in the streets. From the suburbs to the ‘hood, this one had everyone wilding out.
- "Move B***h" – Ludacris. This one had the guys and the girl’s hyped. Ludacris jumps off with such energy that you believe him when he says he hardly ever drives sober and damn near makes you want to follow suit. (Of course you would never do that) The intensity of the track gets turned up a notch when Mystikal jumps on the track. Club banger.
- "AmeriKKKa’s Most Wanted/The Nigga You Love To Hate" – Ice Cube. Something about this classic just makes you want to run down to your local swap meet, or mall and buy a pair of dickies, chuck taylor’s, a flannel shirt and take it back to the early nineties. I don’t know if anyone had been this angry before or since. Yeah, he’s making family movies now, but go get on this old Ice Cube and you won’t even recognize the new one.
- "305 Anthem" – Pitbull & Lil Jon – Even if you’ve never been to the 305, this song will make you want to ride for ‘em!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …