There is nothing like 10 angry songs about leaving to help you drown your sorrows after a breakup. Music is powerful, as it can help you feel better, plan a vendetta or make you feel crappier. Since everyone has had a broken heart, angry songs about leaving are sung by artists in every genre. When you can’t find the words to express how you feel or need some new tunes for your playlist, consider the following angry songs about leaving.
- “You Ought to Know” by Alanis Morisette. “And every time you speak her name/ Does she know how you told me/You'd hold me until you died…” When Alanis is pissed-off at you, she lets you know with this alternative rock, angry song about a man that made her promises, broke them and is now with another woman.
- “Scars” by Papa Roach. Even rock stars have their heart broken, which is fortunate for them because their angry song about leaving takes Jacobi’s tears all the way to the bank. This angry rock song about leaving tells about a man left wounded by rejection because he cared too much.
- “I Hate Everything about You” by Three Days Grace. This song flew to number one in some countries after it hit the radio waves in 2003. This angry song, which has touched the hearts of many rock fans, is about how a man claims to not miss his ex, but hates her because he loves her.
- “How Could an Angel Break My Heart?” by Toni Braxton. This angry R&B song is about a girl whose man left her for another woman. The dumpee cannot get over her sense of possession, which she proves in her lyrics, “I hope she doesn’t make him laugh/Because his laugh belongs to me.”
- “You Got Lucky” by Tom Petty. In his own soft, melodic way, only Tom Petty can crush you with a song about leaving and missed opportunities. Sometimes you just need to rub-in what a great guy you really were and make her feel bad about it.
- “Crying” by Aerosmith. "Now I'm tryin' to forget you/Your love is sweet misery/…I was cryin' just to get you/Now I'm dyin' 'cause I let you/Do what you do to me.” Sometimes lovers are really people who do not want your love, as Steven Tyler describes in this angry song. Moreover, sometimes what you want the most, as well as the things you do for love, are not always the best things for your life.
- “Good Riddance” by Green Day. This song about leaving applies to many different situations, even angry breakups. This rock song describes how losing someone is sometimes unpredictable, but everything works out in the end.
- “Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood. Even those who are not into country music smirk at the cleverness of this angry song as Underwood describes how she is going to key her ex’s four-wheel-drive for cheating and leaving.
- “Cry Me a River” by Justin Timberlake. The girl left because she thought the grass was greener on the other side. When she sees how wrong she was, Timberlake could care less when she comes crying back to him in this angry song.
- "Call Me When You’re Sober” by Evanescence. When you can’t find all the right words to say after you have been lied to and involved in an on-again-off-again-relationship, this angry song says them for you.
Leaving or being left is an experience many fear. When you feel sore about this, know that you are not alone. Several musicians know exactly how you feel and have recorded songs to provide you with their own version of music therapy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …