10 Anniversary Date Ideas
Celebrate another year of being married to your wife with one of these 10 anniversary date ideas. Whether you prefer an elaborate, fancy date or a simple night for just the two of you, you'll be able to find an anniversary date idea that suits you. Hire a babysitter and prepare for a memorable anniversary date.
- A quiet night in. Sure, it may not sound exciting, but a night spent at home with the lights low and the kids somewhere else is a great anniversary date idea. Order your favorite take out, rent your favorite movie and camp out in your living room or bedroom for the night. For an extra special touch, sprinkle rose petals over the bed.
- First date do-over. Take your spouse to the first place you had dinner together and recreate your very first date. If you gave her flowers that night, give her the same type of flowers.
- Visit the place you proposed. If you proposed in a public area, head over there for your anniversary date. Get down on one knee and let your wife know how much your marriage has meant to you and how much you still love her.
- Do something corny. Not everyone enjoys sappy, romantic dates. If you and your partner prefer doing activities together, heading to a skating rink or bowling alley are great anniversary date ideas. Make the date even sillier by dressing up for the occasion.
- Take an art class together. Recreate the scene from the movie "Ghost" by learning how to throw clay on the potter's wheel together. Or take a drawing or painting workshop and sketch silly portraits of each other.
- Get a massage together. What better way to spend your anniversary than relaxing together as a couple. You could also skip the masseuse and try giving each other massages.
- Skip dinner and go right to dessert. Please your partner's sweet tooth by going to your favorite restaurant and just ordering dessert.
- Head out on a romantic getaway. Make your anniversary date last the entire weekend by heading to a romantic bed and breakfast or a beach resort.
- Go over-the-top. If your partner likes the finer things in life, hire a limo driver to take you to a fancy restaurant. Have a bottle of Champagne ready in the limo. Afterward, head to a four star hotel and celebrate in style.
- Go on a picnic. Pack a picnic basket and head to your special spot. Cuddle together on the picnic blanket while you watch the sun go down and the stars come out.