10 Anniversary Gift Ideas For Her
To guide your shopping this year, take a look at these 10 anniversary ideas for her. Women are hard enough to buy for to begin with; adding the pressure and expectation of an anniversary to the mix gets most guys in a muddle. Here are some tips to get your gift shopping sorted out.
- Flowers. The perfect anniversary gift depends on the woman, the relationship and how long you have been together. Flowers are a good one month or even two month anniversary gift. They are a simple, romantic gesture of affection and adoration. Don’t forget to add flowers to your later anniversary presents, too!
- Traditional items. Because an anniversary present is given in recognition of the progress your relationship has made, the gift chosen needs to both be something your woman will love and something that symbolizes your relationship in a way you will both understand. Traditionally, beaus gave a gift of paper for the first year, cotton for the second, leather for the third, and so on. If you have a particularly romantically inclined girlfriend, stick to these traditional concepts but add a modern twist.
- Jewelry. As cliche as it sounds, many a girl can’t resist a pretty diamond. Or, get more personal and buy her something less flashy. Again, something truly heartfelt will stand out more significantly.
- Books and movies. Nothing tells a recipient that you know them well than giving them a book or movie you know they will love. If you aren’t the literary type, consider buying a special edition or signed copy of your partner’s favorite book to show her you care.
- Art and music. Like other types of creative work, giving a woman a piece of art or music that she ends up loving will prove to her how well you know her and her tastes. If you’re not sure what she’ll like, ask her friends or siblings for ideas.
- Adventures. If you and your girl are the fun loving types, surprise her on your anniversary with an unexpected outing. Something exciting and new will give you the opportunity to make great anniversary memories.
- Theater. An elegant night out will stir up the romantic side of your lady. Make a point of dressing up to match her fanciest gown before heading to your play or opera.
- A night in. If you and your partner are super busy and are always struggling to find the time to be alone together, forget going out this anniversary. Instead, spend your shared special day staying in and doing all the things you never have quite enough time for.
- Dinner. The classic anniversary gift is, of course, a romantic dinner out. It might seem bland, but you can spice it up by making it special. Save up some money and take her to a place you usually can’t afford. Or take her to a restaurant that serves a type of food you’ve never had before. Make it something fun you get to do together to celebrate your special day.
- Something original. The vulnerability inherent in sharing a piece of your own creative work to someone you love can be a bonding emotion. If you have a latent creative side, stir up those juices and create something for your lady.