10 Apartment Decoration Ideas For Men
These 10 apartment decoration ideas for men are simple, affordable and will make any bachelor pad into a sophisticated living space. An apartment is a reflection your style and attitude, and it’s the first impression a woman will have of your living space.
- Pick a theme. This is the first thing you should do before decorating or purchasing items. Pick a theme that represents your personal style and fits your needs.
- Paint. Smaller apartments can benefit from a fresh coat of paint. Pick a light color that will make the room appear larger, and acrylic paints are the best choice when it comes to affordability. This will also brighten up a room, such as the kitchen, a bedroom or bathroom.
- Organize storage space. If something doesn’t have a purpose, it should be hidden from sight. A closet organizer is a great way to free up some space and make room for more storage. This will help to keep the apartment clutter free and provide more space for essential decorating items.
- Rearrange furniture. Once you have painted, you may want to rearrange the furniture to optimize living space. Set furniture against walls and keep a clear path to walk throughout the room. Eliminate unnecessary pieces of furniture that seem out of place and get more functionality out the furniture that does fit. A kitchen table can double as a desk or an ottoman as additional seating.
- Artwork. Select artwork for the walls that will reflect your personality and living space. Look for artwork that is already framed and proportionately fits the wall space. Photos are another great option for walls.
- Add lighting. Incorporate a simple lamp or wall mounted fixture to add extra light and brighten up a room. A floor lamp or directional lamp is another good option to lighten a dark corner or emphasize ceiling height.
- Window treatments. This is another way to brighten up a room and let some extra light in. Opt for sheer drapes or light colored blinds that provide a soft light during the day, and can be closed at night.
- Wine rack. A wine rack is a great decorating idea for any living space and women will think you are wine savvy and cultured. It can be placed in the kitchen, dining room or living room. Choose from a wood or steel rack, which makes it appear that you like the finer things in life.
- Mini Bar. If you don’t have a mini bar in your apartment, then look to a serving cart and keep it in the den or living room. Decorate the cart with a martini shaker, martini glasses, shot glasses, a decanter and a few bottles of your favorite liquor.
- Espresso Machine. Nothing says style and sophistication like an espresso machine. It meets both decorating and hosting needs and it makes a great treat to offer friends around the holiday. They come in many different sizes and colors, so choose one that compliments your kitchen without compromising space.